Microsoft erases Apple from Maps

Fox News? Isn't that just an extension of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy? ;)

Funny story, but I wouldn't care to speculate or care too much.

It's a fun conspiracy, but I can't imagine even Microsoft would do such a thing. What would be the point? What possible benefit would MS get from doing that? Like somebody's going to see this bland warehouse photo and say, gee, I thought Apple was cool, but now I realize they are a boring company because of their bland warehouse office space, therefore I won't buy anything Apple again. Maybe Gates wanted it done just for good old fashioned spite. Now that I could actually see happening! Wouldn't that be hilarious if that were the case?! Better yet, MS should make the campus into a trailer park or something.

Fun stuff, this earth view software. I'm waiting for Google to finish their OS X version for us, though.

it's funny cause if you use MSN maps uses information from the late 1980's for mapping information

Check out NYC on their map program, the WTC is still there...would be nice if it were true.

I think it's probably intentional, but it's probably just a joke. I doubt MS thinks they stand to gain anything from it....unless they've been smoking something very potent (always a possibility).

On the other hand, the best case (or most-innocent, anyway) is that MS's service is just way behind Google. That's not hard to believe, either.

Do you guys know what an easter egg is? It's a little joke message or something hidden inside a program. Older Mac apps used to have them a lot, even though they were against company policy. The programmer might even face pretty hefty disciplinary action if they were caught.

Something like this map thing doesn't have to come from the top; maybe the dude handling the map archives just happened to choose the older pics instead of the newer ones for his own personal kicks.

Yeah, but as has been mentioned, MSN just uses outdated maps. Nothing easter egg about it.

If you check the facts and compare the maps rather than reading right-wing conspiracy-driven populist media, you'll see other differences in the imagery as well.
Just the fact that the MSN imagery is B/W should suggest something about its age.

ksv said:
If you check the facts and compare the maps rather than reading right-wing conspiracy-driven populist media, you'll see other differences in the imagery as well.
You're right. The biased anti-republican left-wing media is much better. Especially when it comes to internet mapping conspiracies. :p

p.s. Are you really an anarchist?

MDLarson said:
You're right. The biased anti-republican left-wing media is much better.

Tihi, you seem to assume that anyone whose primary source for factual news is not Fox, must be anti-republican and left-wing and read such media.
Please point me to a news site that can bias me with such news; I don't know any and probably wouldn't want to read it.

MDLarson said:
Especially when it comes to internet mapping conspiracies. :p

The 1 Infinite Loop incident illustrates Fox' ability to amplify an insignificant case to a sellable tabloid story.

Imagine the impact of a headline like "MSN Maps Don't Show Apple Campus Because It Wasn't Built At The Time The Aerial Photo Was Taken". Woah, what a story!

However, it's the fact, and the AP journalist probably knew it when he or she wrote the article. Journalists generally aren't stupid after all, but get paid for stuff that sells. Factual articles are dry and uninteresting and take too much time, right?

Look at your own signature: a Hans Blix quote that Fox News took straight out of its context to form it according to their political bias. In fact, it's a sub-sentence referring to South Africa's willingness to disarm compared to Iraq's. Note the difference: South Africa disarmed during a political transitional period, while Iraq did under the same regime which had been previously building and using the weaponry to terrorize their own and their neighboring countries' populations.

It does appear quite obvious that South Africa was in a less complicated situation, after the fall of the Apartheid regime, to eliminate their nuclear arsenal, than Iraq in 2003 after having failed to adequately prove their claims that all chemical weapons had been destroyed and its nuclear project had halted. Blix knew this, and did not at all try to justify military action in his speech. Your effort to discredit Mr. Blix is inappropriate and weak.

By the way, the tactic of discrediting people by taking quotes out of context or presenting them in a way they weren't originally meant, doesn't favor Bush supporting republicans in the long run. You know that, don't you?

MDLarson said:
p.s. Are you really an anarchist?

Yes, I'll explain once you've seen the irony in my signature ;)

Back