Microsoft "Longhorn" Discussion

CalSD

Registered
Longhorn delay has Windows users considering OS X
October 21 - 11:49 EDT __ Microsoft Watch has posted a number of e-mails from readers who say they are considering switching to Mac OS X due to the delay of Longhorn, Microsoft's next major version of Windows. "Apple is already many years ahead in several areas compared to Win XP (Quartz Extreme)," writes PHP programmer Adam Chaney. "And with Panther less then 10 days from release. It will make Apple look even better because they can ship an OS with real reasons to upgrade while MS cannot for three years. Three years is an eternity in computer time. By the time MS gets its act together, people may have gotten tired of banging on MS's door and have gone across the street to the open door with the big sign that reads 'Come on in!, No Worms in this Apple.'"

anyone know why the delays have become long?

it's surely not because the code in UNIX / OS X is more difficult to copy than that of previous Mac OSs, is it?!

;)

Anybody want to start a running bet on when Microsoft will actually release Longhorn?

I'd say early/mid 2007, at this rate.

Mac zealots are usually more civilized and informed, though. We don't go around saying "PC's suck! Windows is shit!" but we back up our arguments.

Down with Microsoft! ;)

Originally posted by fbp_
rabid mac zealots are almost as bad as rabid windows zealots
:)

Yeah, well...atleast us mac zealots have better branded apparel! :D

This is one cult I'm proud to belong to!

Na-na-na-na-na-na, Leeeeader! Leader!

Originally posted by arden
Mac zealots are usually more civilized and informed, though. We don't go around saying "PC's suck! Windows is shit!" but we back up our arguments.

Down with Microsoft! ;)

arden - it doesn't matter how you want to rationalise it... the truth is still there in terms of our fundamental argument against PCs / PC users - which is something like :

"My computer / computing experience (Dad) is better (bigger) than your computer / computing experience (dad)"

And if you'd spent 16 years on "the Dark Side" as I did you wouldn't care how petty it sounded!

PCs do suck - because they run Windows - and Windows always has been a nightmare...

;)

Longhorh will brobably be an ok product! Lets see what MS has up its sleeves!!!!

Apple will be light years ahead..... Oooops, They already are..

Does anyone foresee the return of the legendary blue screen?

"It's not a bug, it's a feature." :rolleyes:

Back