microsoft messenger

glamrockchick

Registered
hi
got microsoft messenger on lion , done cam with windows people before but tried with someone tonight and got this error: The Call failed because David is using a version of Messenger that does not support Audio calls.

what can i do? my friend is on windows and has 8.5 msn

Maybe your friend could update to a newer version of Microsoft messenger. Now at version 14 or 15, depending on where you look. Despite the number, version 14 follows version 8.5
Current version is 15 (actually Windows Live Messenger 2011)

so windows live is pretty much the same as microsoft messenger on the mac? if he has vista and not windows 7 would he just update to 14? not sure what windows os he has..

If he has Windows XP, then I think that version 8.5 is the newest version of MS messenger.
In that case, he could go to another chat software, such as Yahoo Messenger.
Or, YOU could go to a better chat software, such as Adium, or Skype
Or, both of you could go to Skype.

ahh not sure if he has xp but id think vista.. i asked him to download Skype which is better, will see if he can get a newer version of messenger too and see if it works.. i cammed with someone with xp before and its worked, so I've most likely got a 2011 microsoft messenger? upgraded to lion a few weeks ago and got microsoft messenger with the word package

Back