Microtek Scanner and OS 10.6

pam.in.ny

Registered
I recently bought a new MacBook Pro but to date, haven't been able to find any software/driver to use for my scanner, including the Microtek site. I have a Microtek Scanmaker 3600 that still works perfectly. I have searched forums and online sites for software to use the scanner on the new laptop and hate to think I need to buy a new scanner when the 3600 works fine. I have an HP Deskjet 930C and was able to find the software/driver to use on the new laptop. Does anyone know where I can find the software/driver to get my scanner to work?

Thank you beforehand!

Looks like MisterMe was reading a phantom post somewhere ? ?
I think the OP was asking about 10.6 only, and no mention of 10.3?

But - MisterMe is correct, the Sane project should work for your Microtek ScanMaker 3600.

That is correct, I am currenting running 10.6.8. Haven't yet upgraded to 10.7. I'll check out the link above tonight when I get home from work. :)
Thanks!!!!

Your scanner is not supported by VueScan, but it is supported by the opensource TWAIN SANE project.

I clicked on the link that you listed above but am totally clueless as to what all the coding is on the page. I click on the links in the Microtex 3600 rows, and they take me to pages that looks like coding or scripting? Is Twain Sane something you need to write in some file or is there a program you download? Sorry for my questions but when it comes to writing commands or other things, I am at a lost and have never done such a thing before.

Thank you again.
Running Mac OS 10.6.8 on MacBook Pro

seems that the Sane project has only a Linux driver for your Microtek 3600?

I honestly don't know. I look at that site and am totally lost. :( I'm not computer savy. I sent an email to Mr. Hamrick at VueScan. After giving him a bit more information, he said.
I think the problem is that Microtek doesn't have a TWAIN driver
for this scanner, so when VueScan tries to use the Image Capture
interface, it doesn't see this scanner.

If you try "Image Capture" (in the Applications folder), I think you'll
see that it doesn't work with this scanner either.

I've written Microtek but to date, have heard nothing back from them. I'll send another email to them later this week if I still haven't heard from them.

Back