Might Mouse software help please!

irfaan

Registered
Hi, I got a mighty mouse with a new imac. I want to use it on my powerbook as well, but the imac only came with the software bundled in the setup disk, so I can't install the mighty mouse software on my laptop.

I have searched apples site for the software to no avail. I tried calling Apple, but apparently APP only covers the mouse if you use it with the imac.. weird hey? They wont even talk to me about the mouse if I'm trying to use it on my powerbook (which I dont have APP for yet) without paying 60 bucks for tech support

Does anyone know where/how I can get the software?

Thanks

I'd think all you would have to do is connect it up, and run software update.

But I'm probably so wrong it's not even funny.

the software atttched to the mightymoue merely sets up the buttons for use with expose, changing bindings, i think. when i had one (for about 2 days) it worked fine before i set the software up. have you tried using it without software?

kilowatt said:
I'd think all you would have to do is connect it up, and run software update.

But I'm probably so wrong it's not even funny.

sorry, are you the same Kilowatts as on SoulSeek?

The Mighty Mouse software is only available with the mighty mouse. As some have said, other software, such as USB Overdrive, will let you configure the mouse to use.
The new Macs are starting to come standard with the mighty mouse, so I am expecting the drivers to be included with the next update for Tiger.... which won't help if you do not have Tiger already.

Thanks for all your responses.

I have tried to to use it just by plugging it in. I can use both v/h scrolls, and two buttons, but can't control the scroll button and side. I am also using Tiger.

I agree its weird that apple doesn't have anything online for it. I can try those other suggested drivers, but I was hoping not to have to use a 3rd party driver. I'm new to mac, but as a long time windows user, I have learnt that they (3rd party software) are often problematic.

Is there anyway someone could post the driver if they have the cd please?

You can put your fears from your windows experiences to rest.
Both of the 2 drivers mentioned, "USB OverDrive or SteerMouse" are excellant, and in my opinion, far better overall, then the original mighty-mouse supplied driver.

irfaan said:
Thanks for all your responses.

I have tried to to use it just by plugging it in. I can use both v/h scrolls, and two buttons, but can't control the scroll button and side. I am also using Tiger.

I agree its weird that apple doesn't have anything online for it. I can try those other suggested drivers, but I was hoping not to have to use a 3rd party driver. I'm new to mac, but as a long time windows user, I have learnt that they (3rd party software) are often problematic.

Is there anyway someone could post the driver if they have the cd please?

Trying to do so right now. It's approximately 100Mb in size, so I'll put it on my iDisk and post later.

EDIT: Apparently I have insufficient privileges to move the package to iDisk... it is fine for moving from the CD to the mac.

If anyone can help me out here I'll keep the link up for a long time.

I am looking for the Mighty Mouse software too please, is anyone can help... Got a new iMac (for my wife) but she doesn't want the mouse so I am changing with my G5. I need the software though.

Siddie.

irfaan said:
I can try those other suggested drivers, but I was hoping not to have to use a 3rd party driver. I'm new to mac, but as a long time windows user, I have learnt that they (3rd party software) are often problematic.

I bought and use Apples Mighty-Mouse, I also use the "Steermouse" driver, it is far superior to what comes with the mighty-mouse and I have had no problems whatsoever...

jb.

Back