Mime Type Plugin

zoodoc

Registered
When attempting to run streaming video on line I get an error message saying that I do not have a MIME type plug-in. Where can I down load this? System=PowerBook G4. OSX 10.4.1.

What you need is the correct Quicktime codec to view the file. There are many places where you can get quickTime codecs. You can find most of them at VersionTracker and search for the file type you need to play to find the proper codec.

Note: QuickTime will not play DRMed files for the new Windows Media components. You can play most Windows Media Files (except DRM files) in QuickTime using the product called Flip4mac.

zoodoc said:
When attempting to run streaming video on line I get an error message saying that I do not have a MIME type plug-in. Where can I down load this? System=PowerBook G4. OSX 10.4.1.
My guess is that you need to install Windows Media Player 9 for MacOS X. The Flip4Mac Quicktime codec is a fee-based alternative.

I've tried all these things and there seems to be no answer. Who runs this by the way? and responds? nothing still.

Back