Miniport to VGA Adapter

Macunicorn

Registered
Hi guys,

I just purchased one for my Macbook Pro and doesnt seem to work.
When go to connect the second monitor will just show wavy line. Only seems
to work when I mirror the screens. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Matt

I have the exact same combination, and mine works perfectly. Did you press to "Detect Displays"? Did it recognize your monitor specifications? Aren't you using a higher definition as supported by your monitor?

Here are my results... As you can see, it works perfectly:

MINI-DVI-1.jpg

MINI-DVI-2.jpg

Check the following:
#1 - If it is tight connected - sometimes a lose connection can have that result.
#2 - Display preferences - Detect Displays - Check if it is respecting your monitor result. Sometimes it can choose a higher resolution and present this result.

It has been recommended twice now that you perform the "Detect Displays" procedure in the "Displays" pane of the System Preferences, but you have not replied one way or another about this specific procedure yet.

Please confirm whether you have done this procedure before we move forward.

Sorry guys, I have already been in Display in System Pref several times with no luck. However when I do plug in adapter the second monitor will appear but only last a few seconds before it goes to a wavy screen as pictured earlier.

Matt

Does the monitor itself have an "auto adjust" button, or perhaps some configuration where you can have it automatically adjust itself to the signal?

I got to to work through adjusting the width of the screen. On my second monitor when I adjust to 1900 x 1080 it will distort screen. Thx guys for your help I will need to fine to the resolution.

Back