Missing a number of crucial drivers...

Guzz2k

Registered
Hi everybody; long time, no post. Anyways, due to work requiring a specific Windows-only program, I had to install XP on my MacBook. The installation went well and the program works, but I'm still missing nine different drivers, all for rather important things like internet connectivity and ability to recognize and read USB devices (not counting my Mighty Mouse--that works fine). According to XP's Device Manager, the drivers I'm missing are as follows:

Other Devices
Ethernet Controller: 1) PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0; 2) PCI slot 2 (PCI bus 2, device 0, function 0)
PCI Device: 1) PCI bus 0, device 7, function 0; 2) PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0
Unknown Device: 1) on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System; 2) on Intel 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface

USB Controllers
USB Controller: PCI bus 0, device 29, function 7

Not being a Windows person, I have no idea what any of that means in specifics, but like I said in the first paragraph, I know what the end result is.

The long and short of it: does anyone know what I can do about this? Is there an online resource where I can download the drivers? Should I re-install XP? Any help is appreicated.

Hi everybody; long time, no post. Anyways, due to work requiring a specific Windows-only program, I had to install XP on my MacBook. The installation went well and the program works, but I'm still missing nine different drivers, all for rather important things like internet connectivity and ability to recognize and read USB devices (not counting my Mighty Mouse--that works fine). According to XP's Device Manager, the drivers I'm missing are as follows:

Other Devices
Ethernet Controller: 1) PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0; 2) PCI slot 2 (PCI bus 2, device 0, function 0)
PCI Device: 1) PCI bus 0, device 7, function 0; 2) PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0
Unknown Device: 1) on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System; 2) on Intel 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface

USB Controllers
USB Controller: PCI bus 0, device 29, function 7

Not being a Windows person, I have no idea what any of that means in specifics, but like I said in the first paragraph, I know what the end result is.

The long and short of it: does anyone know what I can do about this? Is there an online resource where I can download the drivers? Should I re-install XP? Any help is appreicated.

And have you downloaded the lastest release of BootCamp? 1.1?

I would also strongly urge you to take a look at parallel. very cool software - runs amazingly fast.

Did you create the drivers install disk through Boot Camp, and did you insert that disk after you completed installing Win XP?
That should be all you need. The drivers disk does not always autostart, so watch for a small dialog that asks for the install language. If you don't see that, then go into My Computer, and open the CD, which should then launch the drivers install. It's Windows, so not as straightforward as you would expect on a Mac.......
Try the drivers disk again.
You have to watch for dialog windows asking you to choose to "install anyway". Those can be hidden behind the main window, so move that window occasionally to check for another window waiting for an input.

'darn windows, anyway' :)

Back