Missing the little round eject buttons in the Leopard sidebar

Summer Storm

Registered
This is a strange one I can't seem to fix by deleting preferences or anything. On a ''normal'' Mac running Leopard or Snow Leopard, in the ''Shared'' part of the Finder sidebar, when you mount a drive a little round gray eject button appears beside it. On one single account on my Mac running Leopard 10.5.8 this strange thing happens where it does not appear--all of the other accounts work properly.

How do I restore this? I've deleted the Finder preferences as well as the sidebar preferences, force relaunched Finder--nope.

In the "Shared" portion of the Finder window are listed servers -- once you connect to one of these servers and actually mount a shared drive from the server, then an eject button will appear.

No eject button will appear beside the items listed in the "Shared" portion of the Finder's sidebar until you actually mount a shared drive from one of those computers.

Is a shared drive from one of those servers actually mounted under the account in question? Could it be that the other accounts have a server share set to mount upon login, but the account without the eject buttons doesn't?

Yeah, okay, this is strange actually. If I mount a drive from my old Power Mac G4, the eject symbol shows up. If I mount a drive from my Dell, the eject shows up. However, when I mount a drive from my MacBook Pro, no eject button. Very odd indeed. All the mounted drives show up on the desktop fine, and I can eject them using Apple-E or by dragging them to the trash. Something is amiss and I just can't figure out what it is.

FYI: The MacBook Pro is running Snow Leopard 10.6.2. The Power Mac G4 is running Tiger and the Power Mac G5 is running Leopard 10.5.8.

Back