Mobile Phone Software.....

whougonacall

Registered
Why is it that when you buy a new mobile phone you get this cool software that let's you add files to your new phone via a USA Cable, why is it never Mac Compatible only PC?
Any way I blue the dust off of Virtual PC running XP Pro on OS 10.3.9, Dual 500 MHz PowerPC G4 1.5 GB SDRAM. I installed the 'SAMSUNG PC Studio' and the drivers. Everything worked up until the connection wizard opens I choose USB and wait, wait, wait noting happens I cant seem to get pass the connection wizard. XP recognises the Phone when i check USB settings so I have no idea what's going wrong?

Any Ideas, or has anyone used these phone software thingies on a mac via Virtual PC?

I choose my phones according to Apple's iSync compatibility list (or whether I find a hacked iSync-plugin for the phone and hope Apple will support it in the future) and forget about the mobile phone maker's software. Usually those apps suck big time, anyway.

VirtualPC and USB devices are kind of, well a (no) luck thing.

I have a fair bit of manufacturer's mobile phone software on my machine, and its all pretty lame anyway. It doesn't matter if its PC or Mac, or what brand phone you have, the software provided by phone manufacturers is very poor if not useless.

My wife has a Motorola of some sort, and it came with a USB cable. I was able to get some Mac software from Motorola's developer's site to edit the themes on the phone, including making ringtones and so on - but USB connection simply never worked: I ended up having to send the new theme file via Bluetooth to my Sony-Ericsson, then fork out 60 cents to send the file to the Motorola as an MMS message. It worked though.

My Sony Ericsson T610 seems to be pretty neat in spite of being very old. I can send and recieve files, photos and sound over Bluetooth and sync with iCal and Address Book without needing any extra software. I also have apps to make my own themes, and it works well with Romeo and Salling Clicker, too. The actual software from Sony Ericsson, though, is pretty lame, and I've never tried to connect it via USB - I suspect that would suck.

Back