mobileme

The Trish

Registered
Being a blonde I had a bitch of a time with this "me" crap. Was out of town and could not get my mail.
Am I wrong, but every time I use a hotel/motel/free computers I must down load firefox or safarie?? What a pain in the ass! But if it kills internet explorer I guess it is worth it.
Trish

Huh? Can you be more clear in your explanation of your problem?

Why would you need to download Safari? It's included with Mac OS X and is already installed on your computer (unless you purposely deleted it for some strange reason).

"But if it kills internet explorer I guess it is worth it."? What does that mean?

MobileMe works fine with Internet Explorer for me.

EDCC, maybe you should read the original post... she clearly states that she's using "hotel/motel/free computers", not her own Mac. Apparently she thinks that MobileMe doesn't work with Internet Explorer.

It might be that MobileMe doesn't work with older versions of Internet Explorer, but you don't need to switch to Firefox or Safari, an update to the latest version of IE will suffice. However, this might be a pain in the behind as well, but it's not really Apples fault that so many hotels/motels and other places neglect to update their software.

"not really Apple's fault" doesn't work here. If you build such a service you should look at where the product's being used, and hotels/motels/&thelikes are certainly an important part of the equation for MobileMe. They should offer a more simplistic layout for older browsers. Gmail, for example, offers a simple HTML view.

I think "hotels/motels/&thelikes" should have their software up to date as in general they charge you (sometimes quite a lot) for using them.

Ofcourse mobileme should not be update to date to the latest latest latest version available, but should they be update by years is also not advisable as user would complain about them being almost obsolete.

Good luck and keep promotion SAFARI, Kees

EDCC, maybe you should read the original post... she clearly states that she's using "hotel/motel/free computers", not her own Mac. Apparently she thinks that MobileMe doesn't work with Internet Explorer.
Ah, I took her original post to mean hotel/motel hotspots, not computers, and assumed she was using her own computer. My mistake!

I use MobileMe at work with IE7, and while I get a big warning message that not all features are compatible with IE7, it seems to work just fine for the most part. Still -- it's only a warning that some features may be incompatible, and does not mean that MobileMe will not work at all with IE7.

Back