Most unstable program

SIYWGF

Registered
my most unstable program has to be MSN Messanger, it crashes CONSTANTLY , second is IE, what a suprise! they r both Micro$oft! sod buying office, i aint wasting £400 for it if it behaves like MSN and IE!!!:mad:

Haven't used MSN messenger, opting for Fire instead. I have to vote for OmniWeb though. Then again I'm using the Sneaky Peeks, so what do I expect?

Virtual PC. Windows crashes all the time. ;)

I don't use MSN messenger, but I use IE a fair bit and it seems stable.

My vote goes to Interarchy. Gah! I wish Transmit had all the features I need so I could use it at work instead.

...but the Microsoft apps on my system (IE, Office, MSN) seem to be the MOST stable of all the apps on my system, save Apple applications.

Office runs like a dream on my G4/400 PCI machine. MSN never loses connection or crashes. AIM, on the other hand, has some quirks and seems to lose connection to the server a few times a week.

IE is fast and stable for me.

Microsoft's apps, out of all the applications I've used, seem to be the most "Aqua-compliant" and the interfaces are intuitive and smooth.

Ok, lemme have it. I know I deserve it. I'm not supporting Microsoft -- I think they're the evil empire just as much as the next Joe, but even the devil hisself can produce some pretty convincing and impressive software.

The only reason I didn't vote for IE is that it was so unstable, I rarely run it anymore. Only when I need to be able to look at JavaScript that Omniweb doesn't yet support.

I have Console setup to launch whenever a program crashes. Netscape 6 for OS X crashes often when iTunes is running and whenever I receive certain emails from PC Mall/Mac Mall. I have to keep a load of MacOSX.com email post replies in my inbox just so I can select a batch of emails to delete without viewing the troublesome PC Mal/Mac Mall emails. My second most frequent crash prone software is the Mac OS X screen saver. Just pressing the escape key when it requests my password sends it spiraling to its death.

IE and MSN were utterly terrible on 8.6 took the computer down about twice a week, in OS X they're much better, only the normal problems with MSN (saying im not online, not sending messages, same as my friends get on windows), IE still quits occasionally, and has brought down the computer 3 times.

Obviously none of you have tried the Mach-o build of Mozilla. It crashes everytime you blink.

My Second nominee would be the official SETI@home... man, that thing makes me reboot sometimes...

I don't have too many crashing app. Of the apps that I use that crash I'd vote for MS Word. It's crashed twice on me.

Vanguard

oh yeah
messenger is awful
it looses connection all the time, unexeptly quits and i often get stupid ¢$/&%$&\‰¢ "message could not be delivered."

Yeah thats exactly the same thing i get on MSN, it sucks, seems to run OK on my iMac with OS X but on my iBook 500 it runs awful!by the way has anyone else had the problem with an iBook where the modem cable no longer clicks into the jack anymore? mine falls out really easily!!! the only apps that have never crashed on me are all the iApps, iCab and Sputnix.

Hmm...could it be that app crashes actually ARE related to RAM? I have plenty of it (1,5 gig) and OmniWeb or IE NEVER crashed, and I am using them all the day. Actually, I have maybe one application crash per month (considering Cocoa and Carbon apps). If I have to vote which "app" I am force quitting most my vote would go to the "TrueBluEnv", but well, this could be more related to the apps I am running in Classic and especially the 3rd party drivers I am running...

My vote goes to Proteus the instant messenger like Fire! it turn it on and it can only connect to MSN and then it force quits and if i try to reopen it it force quits again. :(

Back