Motorola iTunes Phone Thread

Things have gotten a little daft in Ireland, This phone (discontinued model) is going for big bucks on the second hand market. The biggest daily paper did a feature on it a few weeks ago. Gist of article was that people are fed up with smart phones, cameras, wap, gprs, 3g, colour screens etc. etc. when all they want is a simple phone with good battery life and an easy to use interface. My last phone was a nokia 6600. It was slow, battery life was very average and it was hard to see the screen in sunlight. Bring back the 6310!

I know that retro phones are also making a comeback :)
Anyone remember the banana phone? (the phone from the original matrix)

I wish that my 8890 was still functional :)

As for the moto iTunes phone - I must say that this is typical "cold" motorola design - nothing has changed. I think Apple should have gone with Nokia or SE to design phones. Hopefully Nokia and SE versions of the iTunes phone will be made, or at least have iTunes on new "music" phones that are coming out (Nokia N91, SE W800 etc)

I don't think Apple had _any_ say in designing Motorola's iTunes phones. They're just the software provider...

Yep, those look nice. Sadly, Motorola isn't really great in product design - and Apple seems reluctant to enter the mobile phone market themselves. They sure would be able to make my next mobile phone... :/

those are obviously good looking concept fones but the ones that will more than likely carry itunes (the rokr and pebl) are 'real' and are great looking fones!

the question is why the release of the actual handsets alone have been put back? motorola as a company certainly wouldnt put back the release date simply for a third party app to be pre-installed - the revenue they would lose from not releasing the handsets to carriers would be to great. its like apple holding back on releasing a new peice of hardware because a software company that supplies one of the pre-installed peices of software was not ready to ship it yet... whether the carriers are having trouble with the whole itunes concept or not - motorola would want their hardware on the market asap.

so is there a motofone that will be the 'motopod' that the world hasnt seen yet?...
are either the rokr or pebl going through some design changes?...

also - the best thing apple could do long term is to actually make a version of itunesmobile that can be downloaded as an app for any modern fone - acting as an interface for playing and managing tunes - as well as installing the full itunes on the users computer as the central management point... from there they have the perfect springboard for other fone manufactures to say to apple - 'our customers love using itunesmobile - so we now want the full version - the same as motorola...'

Haha. How are you supposed to make phone calls?

I'd say this most definitely isn't it. I won't go into the reasons too much, as we've seen them before, but they include the fact that the agreement with Motorola is to produce an iTunes equipped Motorola phone. Oh, and the fact that the mock-up poster has the wrong font and design elements not typical of Apple.

Yeah, very stylish and smart. But take a look at where the microphone is positioned on that second pic. :-D hee hee

Its not really new then if you look at my post here and personnaly I would prefer the one shown in the t3 link, more masculine I guess :p

Back