Motorola phones bluetooth support

agusgriego

Partially Insane
I was about to buy a Motorola v600 phone because of its design and bluetooth capabilites only to find out it doesn't work with my AluBook.
Are there any chances this will be fixed in a near future? I read that Apple didn't include support because of Motorola's fault, wich made a bad bluetooth implementation in it's phones...

Information appreciated...

Why not test it? Simply pick your alubook and go to the next store and test the Motorola v600. Maybe it does work fine. I realized that Apple tend to not be accurate enough with their compatibility lists. The list is bigger!

and be careful, if you're using a firewall... either with my nokia 3650, i had some problem because Bletooth in some cases needs TCP port 3004 to be opened...

hi! I bought a V600 myself, and found out that bluetooth connection wasn't compatible with isync...
Pity but then I read on apple's website that it could work with a usb cable.
So Ibought the usb cable but still can't connect. Maybe I haven't done it correctly, but if anyone might help.....

First of all thanx for your answer. I have checked the compatibility list with iSync that's why I bought this USB cable (cable plugged to the V600 and to the USB port). I plug it to the USB port of my USB Hub (actually it's a USB2 port but it should work I guess) and then I do the "add device" and then "scan" with iSync. But nothing happens :( either when I plug the phone or when I click on "scan". Really weird. Apparently you could make it work so I hope I'll be able to manage sooner or later! :rolleyes:

I have a v550 and although it doesn't work with iSync, it does work with file xfers, either direct or using the file browser.

Even to it doesn't work with iSync, you can still xfer Vcards to phone directly in Address Book. Select the card, the go to "Card->Sent this card...". The phone will ask if you want to accept. It will make an entry for each phone number and email address.

Don't know if this will help with your model, but if you can pair it, this might be worth a try.

Try plugging the USB cable directly into a port on the back of the computer, instead of going through the hub. It's a long shot, but USB hubs have been known to screw things up in the past.

I have a V600 and Alubook.

The V600 works as a normal Bluetooth Phone, but no luck on iSync, unless you're using a data cable. WTF?

And yes, the bluetooth on motorola sucks.

all right! isync just recognized the V600 for the 1st time ever!!! Don't know why it hasn't worked before, I have done the same thing than before... seems to synchronize but only with ical and address book (not entourage). I think I'll have to drop this microsoft program for ever! ;)
now last thing: how to get the photos from the v600 to the mac? when connected, it still doesn't appear as a single volume on the desktop. Again, thanx for your help

gr8tfly said:
I have a v550 and although it doesn't work with iSync, it does work with file xfers, either direct or using the file browser.

Via bluetooth or USB? I just bought a 551 without out much research figuring bluetooth was bluetooth. Of course the counter monkey at Cingular said it should work just fine.

Now I changed my t610 into a motorola v635. I lost the ability to sync my contacts and calendar over bluetooth. Any ideas or links how to get this done on 10.3.9? I wonder if tigers isync would be of help.

I had a v600 and it worked nicely with the USB cable and iSync. I have a v620 on the way and I am hoping that it will work nicely with the macintosh either via bluetooth (need to get a bluetooth module for my g5) or via the cable at least.

I am not sure if I did it right, but I also plugged my new v635 via the USB cable. The flash memory was mounted but isync didn't find any new devices. Did I miss something? Do I need to do something else?

Back