Mountain Lion, HP 7410, Airport Extreme, WEP Security?

Savdog01

Registered
I have upgraded to mountain lion, changed my router to an airport extreme from the linksys (much much happier). My problem is that now my HP 7410 will not accept my network key. It asks for a WEP passphrase. Does the new extreme not support the WEP security? Is there a bypass for this through the printer to accept something else? Can anyone come up with an option so that I can still use the printer wirelessly?

Thanks for any help.

How did you set of the Extreme? Is it a newer model then cen do both 2.4 & 5 frequencies? Does the router see it at all?

It is the newer one but from what I can tell, it doesn't do the WEP security. I do have a couple spare airport expresses around so I guess I can use one of those. I think its dumb though since my printer is wireless already. The airport extreme should be backwards compatible for sure. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

PS. The extreme is the router.

The Extreme will do both 2.4 b,g and 5 GHz. See the article Create a Guest Wi-Fi Network. The toggle bar in the "Guest network Security" can be moved to WEP.

One thing is you have to use the 'Manual Mode' to set it up and it has to be doing NAT and not in Bridged Mode (it's when the Extreme is not doing NAT).

Back