mouse not able to drag items

DeanGannon

Registered
has anybody encountered this problem before and overcome it. If so, how? its annoying and my work is suffering because of it, please help. I have a imac G3 and Mac OS X with an optical usb mouse, if thats any help?

Or, how about (?) ...

'Hello,

I have an iMac G3 (model _______ (?) - considering there are greater than 15 versions), that is running MacOS X 10.x.y (where 'x' can be oh, 0 - 4; and, 'y' can be from 0 - 9).

I have an optical USB mouse, model ______, (if not Apple's ... ) manufacturered by ______ (at 'http://____', and using driver version ______.

My mouse is not able to drag items! Has anybody encounted anything similar?'

Are we to assume you cannot select and then drag an application's, file's, and / or folder's icon or icons?

Are we to assume you are within an application and cannot drag items from a palette onto a window?

So, when you say - 'not able to drag items!', can you please be more specific?

if there is anything else that you need to know on the problem just ask and i will give you as much infomation as i can to help identify and overcome the problem. Just need to know if anybody else has had a similar problem and if so how the overcome it. :-(

We need to know the things that barhar asked you (well, they weren't questions, but it's easy to tell from his post what we need to know).

We need to know the specific iMac model that you own, what version of Mac OS X you're running, the make and model and driver versions of the mouse you're using and a detailed description of the circumstances surrounding your problem (what happened before? what happened after? what changes did you make to the hardware/software before you noticed the problem?)

The more specific you are, the more specific our answers will be, but with a vague question like "can't drag items on my iMac," you can only expect an equally vague answer in return. Help us help you!

Back