move all IPHOTO pictures to external drive

nerdy

Registered
Hi pros,Could you pl tell me the steps to move all my pictures from iphoto to external drive and viseversa.Thk

Since iPhoto is "software" that runs on "Mac OS X," it seems logical that "Mac OS X System & Software" would be a good place for it. The description of that section of the forum reads:
All questions and problems related to running OS X should be posted here as well as those for miscellaneous software not more specifically covered in other forums. Please read other forum descriptions before posting here.
iPhoto is "miscellaneous software" that is not more specifically covered in any other section, and none of the other forum descriptions meet this criteria more, so... it just takes a little reading.

To answer the question, you simply need to copy the "iPhoto Library" bundle located in ~/Pictures to the external hard drive. Then, launch iPhoto with the option key held down and you will be asked to "find" the place where you moved the library bundle.

To move the pictures back, simply move the iPhoto Library bundle back to the internal hard drive, and repeat.

Try dragging and dropping.

What format is your external hard drive in? FAT32? HFS+? NTFS?

Ya thk but Dragg and drop is not good idea coz I got 110000 items.Its guess it is HFS coz when I connect the system ask me to then I said yes then system does it for me

Ya thk but Dragg and drop is not good idea coz I got 110000 items.
Wut r u tryng 2 say here? Teh prefrrd LANgwige of teh forumz is teh Inglesh...

...like this. It's much easier to understand, and no one gets confused about what you're trying to say. Random capitalization and truncating/abbreviating easy-to-type words makes it harder to understand what you're trying to say.

Why would you think that 110,000 items is too much for a drag-and-drop operation?

Its guess it is HFS coz when I connect the system ask me to then I said yes then system does it for me
I can't even begin to understand what the hell you're trying to say here. Connect to what? Ask you to what? The system does what for you?

Please proofread what you're written to make sure it makes sense (read it out loud, verbatim, word-for-word, and if it doesn't sound right coming out of your mouth, then it probably needs to be corrected as to not confuse anyone). A link is provided below of the very previous quote of yours I posted, read out-loud, verbatim, word-for-word. Doesn't make much sense, eh?

http://jeffhoppe.com/myspace/what.mov

Back