Move From Thunderbird For Mac To Microsoft Outlook 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larson

Registered
I have been using Thunderbird for a while but recently I have purchased outlook 2011 and would like to use it instead. However, I am unable to find any procedure for moving my emails from Thunderbird to outlook. Can somebody direct me along the correct path.

Thanks for responding Deltamac, but I have already gone through a few results from the simple search. All of them require an exchange or an IMAP account in which the emails reside on web server. My email account was configured as POP because I do not get too much storage on webmail. So, all my emails are downloaded onto computer and am unable to move them from thunderbird to outlook as it is. The second option you provided is paid one, I wish to explore possibilities before going paid application route. Is there any manual method like dragging and dropping emails from thunderbird to outlook?

A simple search for "Move from Thunderbird to Outlook for Mac" will show you quite a few different methods - everything from following a few simple steps:
http://imacify.com/2014/07/export-your-mac-thunderbird-mails-and-contacts-to-outlook-for-mac-2011/

to using an app that is dedicated to all kinds of email moves, such as Emailchemy: http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/
I had also the same problem with the importing of emails, but your information helped me to do so.

I tried the Emailchemy program as none of the solutions were helpful and it simply didn't work for me. It was unable to pick email database, so I tried contacting their support but have not heard from them till date. Will try looking further nad post the updates.

If you are trying to move your emails from Thunderbird to Outlook mac then you will definately have to go for format conversion. As Thundebird support and exports universal .MBOX format while Outlook mac support .OLM and .RGE format. So you will need to find some application to convert mbox format to rge or olm format.

Other wise the best solution is Imap login. Simply login you account in Outlook mac and your emails will automatically sync in.
I hope this helps. Thanks

HI
As you are saying you are in search for a drop and drag method to migrate from Thunderbird email to Outlook emails then I must say it is not possible. To migrate from MBOX to PST format using manual method is very tedious and time consuming work. There are also other risk factors that directly results in data loss. I have already tried manual method to migrate from MBOX to PST but it did not work. So at last I used Stellar MBOX to PST converter to perform conversion. You can also try same software to perform safe migration.

If you are looking a solution of Thunderbird to Outlook converter now you can try this effective advanced MBOX to PST converter software. This software easily convert all email such as thunderbird, spicebird, poco mail, sea monkey, etc into outlook pst and other format like as EML, MSG, RTF. Get more information and purchase this valuable software here: http://mbox2pstconverter.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back