Moving automater workflows

aquamacus

Registered
I created an automater workflow for our photographer to quickly re-size images and then email then to their client. It runs fine on my machine, but then I move it to his machine...it dies. It stops on certain actions. If I come back to my machine it works properly. Is there a trick to moving workflows to different machines?

Have you hard-coded any directories or file paths in your action(s) that are present on your computer, but may not be present on his computer? Also, if your hard drive name differs from your photographer's hard drive name and you've hard-coded paths into the action, it may fail.

Does your photographer also have all the required actions that are used? If you use something like "Photoshop CS Automator Actions 1.0" in your workflow, does he also have those actions installed?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
...if your hard drive name differs from your photographer's hard drive name and you've hard-coded paths into the action, it may fail.
This was the first thing that I thought of when I read your question. Check this first. If the actions aren't present on the other machine, the workflow will stall at the point where the missing action is called.

Back