Mozilla 1.2 released

standard warning - if you feel uncomfortable supporting AOL in any way, then you might not want to download and use mozilla as netscape is directly derived from mozilla. there is more than one truth to be considered.

follow the link if you want more info. i'm not going to debate it any further. ;)

oh, and netscape is now aol's default browser.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
standard warning - if you feel uncomfortable supporting AOL in any way, then you might not want to download and use mozilla as netscape is directly derived from mozilla.

Is this a joke? Because it was the funniest thing I have heard for years. Mozilla is open source and every company can use it as the base of their browser.

Will you stop making mp3s if you hear that Bill Gates is listening mp3 too? :confused:

Originally posted by Erix
Mozilla is open source and every company can use it as the base of their browser.

So, if I start my own software company, I can exploit generous programmers, too? Wow! ;)

Seriosly, though, open source of this nature still baffles me.

th - your post insulting adambyte has been deleted. i suggest you read the sticky thread in this forum before posting further.

i also would be dealing with you privately instead of publicly if you had pm or email enabled. :(

th - your post insulting adambyte has been deleted. i suggest you read the sticky thread in this forum before posting further.

i also would be dealing with you privately instead of publicly if you had pm or email enabled. :(

Well Ed, wouldn't it be possible that I could be offended by adambyte's comments? Or anybody else's?

BTW, I didn't really understand the "sticky". I guess it's for people who regularly post here, and as you can see by my posting count, I'm pretty much a newbie.

Or are you going to be your usual Nazi self and only delete what offends you? Your forum history is clear that you *loathe* AOL.

Do what you want. I don't care. You have already taken some "timeouts" before due to your inability to deal with the environment of this bboard. Maybe you aren't suited for this forum moderation stuff. Not that it matters to me.

Do as you please. You're God here, but no place else.

dont tell me im gonna have to come in to defend AOL?

oh hell, i wont, because i cant ;)

AOL isnt that bad, isnt that great, mozilla is opensource project funded by aol, but im thankfull for it because quite frankly i feel mozilla is the most complete and complient browser out there and chimera is my overall browser of choice for pure speed...

i guess sometimes you gotta deal with the devil ;)

standard warning - if you feel uncomfortable supporting AOL in any way, then you might not want to download and use mozilla as netscape is directly derived from mozilla. there is more than one truth to be considered.

follow the link if you want more info. i'm not going to debate it any further. ;)

Ok guys...enough with the flaming. If someone's so unhappy with the mod, they aren't forced to visit this place! *l*

Back to the actual TOPIC of this tread! I'm running Mozilla 1.2 now. Personally, I'm finding it a bit faster in the rendering. It's also (so far) fixed one annoying habbit that v1.1

Ad/image bleeding. Uh....kinda hard to explain, but images would spill out of the browser, onto the desktop, and remain, unless I moved the window over it, to clean the area. Anyone else face this prob? I have the gForce4mx 64mb that came with my Quicksilver 933....running v10.2.2.

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! :D

well, keep in mind i wasn't a mod back when i wrote the comments in the thread i linked to.

and just to reitterate, i'm not trying to tell anyone else what their politics should be. i'm just wanting to make sure that anyone who shares my politics about aol is aware how this relationship works. that's all.

and in fact, i would argue that aol users should use mozilla as it is helping them the most. (that's if aol lets you :D )

t h - consider yourself officially warned. any further violation of site policy will result in your banishment from the site. you've been here since march. you're not exactly a newbie.:rolleyes:

Okay, and consider yourself certifiable as a high-blood pressure candidate and someone not suited for forum moderation (which has been brought forth by other folks *numerous* times).

I wish you the best of luck with your forum moderation efforts.

The meager number of postings in my history would make banishment an amusingly hysteric exercise on your part. Just to let you know...

I'm new to mac,

Is Mozilla a scaled down version of Netscape without the e-mail bla bla (read somewhere i think)......If so is it better for general browsing?

Is Mozilla worth investigating? I currently use Netscape 7 and IE.:confused:

Okay. If you're using NS7 and IE5, Mozilla is *certainly* worth checking out. It's the bleeding edge code that the next version of NS will be built on. Always. Basically, it's an opensource project (yes, funded by AOL/Netscape) that works on the source of Netscape 5 (Mozilla 5) which was released to the Open Source community a few years back.

Also consider trying out the other browsers: OmniWeb - http://www.omnigroup.com ... iCab - http://www.icab.de ... etc.

This post alone is open game to numerous flames. I don't know what AOL did to you in the past (kill your dog maybe?), but you really need to get over it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. By downloading Mozilla, you are not supporting AOL in any way, shape or form (they pay people to develop Netscape). You are however supporting many independent projects such as Chimera, Phoenix and Galeon.

For anyone else harboring an unwarranted fear of Mozilla like my friend Ed here does, I suggest checking out the URL below.

http://www.mozilla.org/fear.html

Mozilla 1.2 (http://www.mozilla.org/) is available for download and has many new useful features including but not limited to:

1. Setting the current tabbed webpages as your startup webpages. All the webpages load at startup in tabs.

2. Image blocking in Mail. Gosh, don't you hate those animated advertisements?

3. After-the-fact Mail filters: Mail can pass through several filters you specifiy.

4. Better Java integration with Jaguar.

Get Mozilla 1.2 here: http://www.mozilla.org/

I'm really happy with this build, works very well, smooth.

itanium and serpicolugnut - like i said, i'm not going to repeat myself and debate this any further. if anyone wants to know more then they can follow the link in my first post. i have too many other things going on to rehash this. :)

Ed, please stop spreading FUD. Read the MPL, check out the Fear document that itanium posted, and try to understand that while AOL might be evil, Mozilla's only substantial evil is being hosted on AOL's servers.

I had a much longer comment about this issue, but since it boiled down to the above, I cut it.

Back