Mozilla is My New Default Browser

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Mozilla 0.99 is my default web browser, moving IE out of the prized place. Now that CVS has been closed for Mozilla, and the upcoming 1.0 released, it is with great honor that I promote Mozilla.

Admin

Does anyone have ANY aesthetic taste when choosing a web browser? Sheesh! Why don't you all just go back to OS 9? :rolleyes:

*** simX hangs his head in shame to be part of the group called "Mac OS X Users" when they have no regard for the aesthetic looks of their web browsers.

;)

Admin, check out the pinstripe theme. Its makes it fit in much better. http://homepage.mac.com/kgerich/pinstripe.html

Also chimera is coming along. And it will look nice.

Posted from Omniweb :D

I repeat here, I use three browsers depending on my "mood" and what I want to do - Mozilla, Chimera and Omniweb.

Its all about freedom of choice and actual good choices. We have that on OS X.

Tormente, classic still looks like crap compared to omniweb. Get the pinstripe theme (mentioned in my earlier reply) it makes it look a little better still not like a nice cocoa app though (omniweb or chimera).

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
here's what i look for in products...

1. THE LOOK!!!!!!
2. whether it works right or not... i could care less...

That would explain why you use WinXP how? :)

1) the Look (ummm...)
2) Whether it works right or not (OK, that makes sense :p)

Sorry, I just feel like beating on PC users today as I had the most insane XPerience and have a newfound hatred for it :p

Originally posted by googolplex
Tormente, classic still looks like crap compared to omniweb. Get the pinstripe theme (mentioned in my earlier reply) it makes it look a little better still not like a nice cocoa app though (omniweb or chimera).

Eh...
It works... it's not repulsive... and I don't see too much difference in the look with OmniWeb....

Is Pinstripe a theme? Or a hack?

Not really that concerned about it to modify it at the moment.

When i use the tolbar in mozilla everytime i add another web site to it it just keeps on going to the right then it goes to far in that i cant select what web site i stored. Why dont they come out with a second line so that when i store alot of web sites in the tolbar it will just continue to the second line.

I went looking for pinstripe and I can't find it. I went to "get new themes" and it wasn't there. I did find a nice one that I like better than anything because it doesn't take much space (about 2 cm total across the top). It's called Pinball which is a variation of modern grey. Only problem is the ugly grey scroll bar.

I still have Omni set as default because of spell cecker and that little bar at the bottom of Moz that takes a centemeter of my screen space.

I don't really like Pinstripe much. It's better than Classic and Modern, but I don't like the toolbar buttons at all. They don't really seem very Aqua-ish to me. I also really HATE the fact that Mozilla doesn't do anti-aliasing. I REALLY like the OmniWeb interface, and as Bluefusion knows, I hardly ever switch from something that I've been using, even if something else is proven to be better. Mozilla would have to REALLY impress me in order for me to switch from OmniWeb.

Yeah, I'll agree: it'll take a lot to make him change his mind (when I'm completely the opposite and change my mind 1000x a day :D)

Well, ABassCube, Mozilla's not quite your thing. Here's to Chimera 0.2!

I'm finally going to sleep now, OK? :p It's been 25 hours... lol

It seems that we can all agree that the OmniWeb-Chimera-Mozilla combo is probably the best way to go at this point, right? Personally, I use the OmniWeb-IE combo, but I should probably transition to the OmniWeb-Mozilla (with Pinstripe) combo.

I think we can all agree also, though, that OmniWeb and Chimera have the most potential (especially in regards to beauty).

Back