MS gets a taste of it's own medicine.

dlookus

Disgruntled user
I just have to point out the sweet, sweet irony in this article.

Microsoft is losing game titles to Sony because game publishers decide to go with the bigger player.

Snippet:
Game publishers say it's a simple matter of economics. With Sony having sold more than 30 million PlayStation 2 units worldwide and the Xbox just edging up to the 4 million mark, they have to put their money where the market is. The result is that even the biggest Xbox supporters are producing two PlayStation 2 games for every Xbox title.

Read the rest here.

May they lose much on this. MS has spent so much money advertising X-box that is they pull it now it will always stand as their #1 flopp. At this rate, it'll go to that place anyway...

I have seen this before..................hmmm.......hmmm........Oh yes! i remember now:
Mac Vs. Windows :p
They put the money where the biz is...and is not in the 5% Mac market share.
I would like to see all those winblows games and apps on the Mac too.

Well, I've seen the PlayStation2 side by side with the XBox, and the PS2 is kicking XBox's teeth with steel-toed boots. The REALLY FUNNY part about this ordeal is that M$ thinks it can beat Sony by pumping up the propaganda. IMHO, there really is no comparison between the two, the XBox may as well be a 1970's PONG game console, with the rotary dials built-in to the main console. M$ may be able to B$ the computer industry with inferior products, but it won't win the gaming industry with that strategy, the best and fastest, most powerful system wins, EVERY TIME, and XBox ain't it.

XBox needs to die an EXPENSIVE miserable death. I hope M$ sinks another billion into it. I suppose your getting an idea of how well I "like" M$. Billy boy needs to lose a few battles and wars.

Originally posted by chemistry_geek
XBox needs to die an EXPENSIVE miserable death. I hope M$ sinks another billion into it. I suppose your getting an idea of how well I "like" M$. Billy boy needs to lose a few battles and wars.

Ditto.

Of course, now Microsoft will probably do whatever they can (illegally) to save the Xbox, and it'll probably work, too, just like the Compaq/Netscape thing however long ago. And then Microsoft will have another monopoly.

Why should someone buy an X-box anyway?

It is expensive... Playstation2 hs so many different good titles, not only one (HALO)... :confused:

Alll your friends have a Playstation2... you can even play PSOne titles... you can watch good quality DVDs... :)

And if you don't care for SONY...

THEN BUY A CUBE!!!! It is much much better that the X-box!!! Just look at the good titles coming out! :D :D :D

I hate M$ anyway... I used to have PCs all around... now I can't stand them :mad:

Ciao

I still think the Xbox has a few things going for it... particularly the built in harddrive, and I wouldn't say that the graphics capabilities are that far behind the PS2, if they even are.

As for Sony... you can find places to listen to people *****. They've their share of dirty deeds involving the PS2. I will say that I like the design much better (compared to Sony's PC's... which are an entirely different story).

One game that makes me want to buy an Xbox just for it is Project Ego... the sheer depth of this game is daunting. I don't see it as a viable option for the playstation given its limited memory storage, unless they sell a special hard drive with the game that plugs into firewire (AND REQUIRES A SEPERATE POWER SUPPLY BECAUSE STUPID SONY WANTED TO PROMOTE THEIR STUPID, WEAK, i.LINK!!!!!!GERRRRRRRR).

Anywho... yeah... yeah... it's always nice to see Bill fail, because when Bill fails, Steve Balmer is funny... and who doesn't enjoy watching Steve Balmer degenerate into one of his screaming fits? :)

I remember seeing the PS2 harddrive module a while back. I can't imagine the PS2 not having a HD expansion when Star War Galaxy Online comes out.

Comparing the Xbox and the PS2, I have to say that I like the PS2 better, simply because its industrial design is so much better, it just looks sleeker and more refined compared to the Xbox... It's like comparing a BMW to a Lincoln. Both are luxurious and powerful, but which would you rather been seen in?

In terms of power, the Xbox has the advantage, but that means nothing until games come out that actually takes advantage of it. Since it usually takes at least an year before a game developer can fully exploit a console (remember PS2's antialiasing problems when it was launched?), I'd rather wait and buy a Xbox then, since MS will probably drop the price some more...

Anyway, I'd rather get a GameCube! :D

Since buying my GameCube, my PS2 hasn't been turned on, except to watch some Region 1 DVDs

I am an absolute 'early adopter' e.g.
I paid £580 for a CDi on it's release date.
£80 for an original 'brick' GameBoy on it's release date.
£300 (i think) for a PlayStation on it's release date.
£400 for a Sega Saturn on it's release date.
£250 for a N64 on it's release date.
£300 for a PS2 on it's release date.
£130 for a GameCube on it's release date.

But, there is nothing that would make me buy a XBox.
Not even Halo, which lets be honest, is just another PC-based first person shooter.

It's got a harddrive and broadband connectivity...So what? All that means is developers will become as lazy with their XBox software as they are with their PC software, because they can just release yet another patch to correct the mistakes that wouldn't be tolerated on the GC or PS2.

Get a GameCube, a few extra controllers, a copy of Super Monkey Ball, Lots of alcohol and 3 friends.
Then kiss the night goodbye.

10bellies: is that a 3-eyed vorticon? :)

I'd say that msft xbox developers may have a reason to be lazy with the hdd in the system, but so far none of them have been.

I'll never buy an xbox because after I bought my new iMac, I decided that MS wouldn't get pennies from me any more. It's a matter of principle. I don't want their junk in my house anymore.

The PS2 is 3 years old, and has 30 million systems out there. For that reason and that reason alone, I'll be sticking with the PS2 for now. I like the gamecube, even though I barely used my N64.

My PS2 has become my official DVD player, and my Philips 711 now sits idle. The Philips is sitting idle because it doesn't have video sharpening or DNR built in. And the cable I got for my PS2 brings in video a lot blacker than the one I have on the Philips (which is a Philips cable, surprisingly)

I eventually plan to get either a TV accepting component video or a project supporting the same, and I'll be upgrading my cabling to update accordingly. I'll probably at that point get a progressive scan DVD player though. But the PS2 will grow with the system.

Have any of you seen the Xbox controller? It's as big as a dinner plate with bratwursts on either side :D :p

I heard the gamecube controller was quite nice.

Up to this point, the most luxurious controller i've used is the N64 controller, nice egonomic design, with an analog joystick that actually offers some resistance, plus the buttons have actual names, rather than those goofy little shapes.:D

Anyone else have a favorite controller?

Back