MS Word 2004 for Mac X (version 11.2.6)

James Johnson

Registered
For the past two years I have used View/Footer to number pages of documents, with no problems. For example Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, Pages 3 of 3.

Recently, however, I find it PRINTS Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of ", Page 3 of £ even though it appears on SCREEN correctly.

At first I thought I had clicked on "Insert Page Number" twice instead of "Insert Page Number" then "Insert Number of Pages".

Originally, I used the CD-ROM to install the application. Recently I updated the version to 11.2.5. and then later to 11.2.6. I now have 11.3.5 I cannot tell if the problem arose subsequently, but I can say it was definitely correct originally.

Is there a bug in the update, or am I doing something wrong elsewhere?
I have uninstalled the application and the preference file, and then reinstalled the application with the latest update 11.3.5. I also ran Disk Utility/Repair Preferences. But no go. I have also been in touch with support at Brother regarding my two printers - Brother Laser HL5150D, and MFC 410CN. Sometimes it works correctly on one printer and not the other, and vice-0versa. There seems no rhyme or reason for it.

James Johnson

I have MS Word for Mac 11.3.5 running on Mac OSX 10.3.9.
I have two Brother printers - Laser HL5150D and MFC 410CN (with the latest driver versions 1.01and 2.0.3)
The problem is that most of my documents are multi-pages. I use the AutoText feature to print "Page X of Y".
The PAGES appear on the MONITOR, for example as
"Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, Page 3 of 3." but they PRINT as
"Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2, Page 3 of 3."
I have also tried typing on the correct icons (#) first and then ++.
It seems a hit and miss affaair - sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. Sometimes it is correct on the All in One and not the Laser printer. Or vice versa. More often though, on neither.
I have tried the error log for the printers and find the correct filter is used.
I have tried running Disk Utility/First Aid/Verify Permission.
Also I have uninstalled MS Word and the preference files. Later reinstalled MS Word and the updates. With no improvement.
There seems no rhyme or reason to it.

I would appreciate any help I receive.
James Johnson

James,

You started a separate thread about mucking around with System fonts. You started this thread about font issues. I strongly advise that you leave your System fonts alone.

As for your page count problem, the only thing I can suggest is that you should ensure that you have not inadvertently changed Page Count to Page Number.

Back