MSN Messenger 3.5 is now available

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
MSN Messenger 3.5 is now available directly from Apple's web site. I'm telling you, Microsoft have really gotten their act together with this version. It's great and has an all-round Apple 'hey this looks good and works' feel to it.

I've just rebuilt everthing on my iBook before it goes to it's new owner and everything went well until I installed MSN 3.5...

When I opened MSN for the 1st time every single application loaded (never seen the dock so full)?
I rebooted and ran it again and no problems this time, what's going on?

I did the rebuild from my original disks, downloaded the updates directly thru Apple and I'm connecting thru a firewall (if this helps).

Would be interested if anyone else has had the same problem (whether it's related to MSN or not).

Yeah I upgraded to Jag 2 days ago and just came across MSN 3.5; WOW! It's so much better than the old one:

- Archive conversations
- Change name in the contact list
- New cooler sounds
- Dock icon manipulation

... and arguably the most improtant ...

- Bounce dock icon only ONCE! :D

That old dock behaviour made the dock take up as much as 25% of my CPU just to bounce that damn thing...

Oh yeah, also, no ads like the Windows version has ;)

I think the best feature is that there is actual Dock manipulation. Now if you have three windows minimised, when somebody says something the MSN badge changes to a badge with a bubble. A lot better than the previous version.

Back