Msn

But NOW there's MSN Messenger 3! with........... file transfer! WIEHA!

But i only can recieve files, can't send any :(

senne.

The new version of Messenger sucks, the new interface is chunky and ugly and slow and the file-transfer thing is unstable! And those two are the two only new features in a 2.1-->3.0 upgrade!:(

Fire, one the other hand, is getting better (also Proteus) The only thing fire needs now for MSN support is color and font and file-transfer support and it will be better...

Originally posted by julguribye
Fire one the other hand, is getting better (also Proteus) The only thing fire needs now for MSN support is color and font and file-transfer support and it will be better...

Fire needs screenname-appearance for MSN.

But i still can't transfer files.. Does anyone else has it?

senne.

Originally posted by senne

Fire needs screenname-appearance for MSN.

senne.
not, and msn 3 is well slow, i had a group convo with it and it was taking a minute or 2 to get the message on screen. and if Fire had screen name appearance and you could change you're own i would never use msn again.

Originally posted by julguribye
Fire HAS screen-name appearance guys!
If you have missed it, the latest version (released some days ago) 0.31a is available here
still says 0.30b is up to date though :confused:

edit: i downloaded the new version, it still doesnt show the screen name, only their e-mail address or alias, is there a pref i've missed?

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca

Huh? i've been transferring files back and forth with AIM for OS X since it came out, and with other PC users to boot!

No, AIM for OS X does not alow users to share files. Meaning that you cannont setup or browse a shared folder (Getfile).
-Doofy

But i still CAN'T transfer files!!!!!!! Mwaaaaaa, i'm getting crazy here! I waited for that sooo long. . . DAH.

When i can receive flies.. isn't it normal that I also can SEND files?? Help me out! :(

senne.

Originally posted by mrfluffy

still says 0.30b is up to date though :confused:

edit: i downloaded the new version, it still doesnt show the screen name, only their e-mail address or alias, is there a pref i've missed?

i don't see any screennames here.. I only see the email-addresses and the names that i have given to them. Not the ones that they choose themselves

senne.

Originally posted by senne

senne.

I can recieve files, but not send them as well. I think this is because I'm behind a router, but really if that's the reason, then it should be the other way around...

I've been pondering the same things. I have a mixed environment on my network and would like to be able to monitor the kids in the backyard with my little quickcam from Logitech. The only problem I'm having is that I've got Os9, Win98, Win2000, WinXP, and OS X on my network computers. What would this thread and group suggest a person do?

Regards,

Howard

Yeah my friends invite to games, ec. but i can't use them with MSN 3.5.1
File transfer works as expected and better than other services (ICQ, AOL, Yahoo) and i'm on a modem.
MSN's appearance does look clunky. I'd rather have tabbed interface like Adium. But what are the chances of that happening? Zero

Back