Multiple displays

rissole1975

Registered
I'm trying to get my old Sony 17" Trinitron monitor to act as an extended display. Ive followed all the instructions but in the Displays tab in System I don't have the 'Arrangement' option that MacHelp insists I should have!

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Mr Rissole

iBook G4 14"
1 Ghz
512mb

I could have sworn that I've seen a hack that will allow you to use a second monitor for extended DT on an iBook...

i've used this screen expander for somewhat over a year now, and it has been flawless. perfect IMO, it saved me from getting rid of my iBook to buy a powerBook. very recommendable indeed.

only thing noticed, and i'm not even sure it is because of the double screen, is that it feels like my iBook is a bit slower when i use 2 screens. not much, but noticable when multitasking. but this just might be my iBook growing old on me..

alex.

Ooppps sorry I have seen just now that some told you already, DAMN Ishould rad a little bit more carefully next time.

Anyway I did not have any problems until now.... with Screen doctor

I use the screen spanning doctor as well. Works awesome, never a problem with it. I too noticed a perfomance difference but that was only when using expose, which would make sense because video memory is split between the 2 displays(i think) and so is the cpu and gpu processing power. I don't think it should effect application performance.

HateEternal said:
I use the screen spanning doctor as well. Works awesome, never a problem with it. I too noticed a perfomance difference but that was only when using expose, which would make sense because video memory is split between the 2 displays(i think) and so is the cpu and gpu processing power. I don't think it should effect application performance.

Yeah, I'd assume it's got something to do with Quartz Extreme suddenly having to deal with twice as much screen space. It's a great hack, though. It's really handy if you're giving presentations and such.

...or because the video RAM is split in two: half for one monitor, half for the other. If you've only got a 16MB video card, then that leaves 8MB for each monitor.

Back