MW - iPod Shuffle website online

very odd man...SOOOO CREEEPY. I wonder if it will be able to act as a firewire harddrive or whatever like my mini.

Very informative site, good menu, fantastic layout, not too clogged up with text and useless information if you know what I mean.
:p

drunkmac said:
very odd man...SOOOO CREEEPY. I wonder if it will be able to act as a firewire harddrive or whatever like my mini.

A flashcard is not a harddrive, so no it won't. But it will act as an USB drive i guess.

it was registered yesterday and variations of .net - .co.uk etc etc are still available

so i'm guessing apple had nothing to do with this.

man, i want one! ironically enough i had just bought an MP3 player yesterday. guess what's going back to the store when my iPodshuffle gets here! hahah

and the website is registered to some guy in San Francisco

here is the "whois" info

Administrative Contact:
du Midi, Dent-de-Lion dandi@dandi-design.com
dandi-design
San Francisco, California 94117
United States

(i took out his address for obvious reasons)

My first thought was:

iPod Shuffle: what iPod owners do when a newer, better model of iPod comes out and they try to sell or give away their old iPod before buying a new one.

iPod shuffle. Another new item that doesn't impress me. More yuppy accessories for people who like to dangle things around their necks and be noticed. This macworld is a huge dissapointment, and even the Tiger features were screwing up during the keynote, and besides that, the keynote speech itslef skipped and finally lost connection afer only 15 minutes into it and I can't get it to reload. Not a great way to impress a die-hard.

Thank god for me I hate PC's and am addicted to slivery fruit cuz I feel like taking an axe to the Apple tree and all it's worm filled oddities. ::sleepy:: ::sleepy:: ::sleepy:: ::sleepy::

The best I can figure is this:

The iPod mini has 1/10th the capacity of a full-size iPod, costs only $50 less, and is less than an inch smaller - but now greatly outsells the regular iPod.

Not knowing what to make of this, Apple decided to create a Macintosh with exactly the same kinds of differences.

And an even-smaller, even-lower capacity iPod.

Well, I used one today and I thought it was kinda nice. Then again, I'm one of those chumps who loves his iPod Mini and wouldn't trade it for the world. The Shuffle is like some of the other USB or Flash music players, except that it's got the Apple branding and works with iTunes. It's a smart move; there are probably people who love their iPod for riding the bus to work, but wish there was something smaller than a mini to use at the gym or something. It is extremely lightweight...I had my Mini in one hand, and the Shuffle in the other, and it was like holding a paperweight and a pen...

Definitely a good 'beginner' iPod...

Can anyone tell me whether the iPod flash plays audible books? (my instincts tell me that there isn't a hope in hell, but I'm still hoping).

i.e. Sometimes I want to listen to a book while I'm jogging.

Kap

Webbs said:

...But is it enough storage (and features, that's the important bit) for all those users buying the 256MB-or-so flash players? That's all that matters. They already have the market cornered on the "larger storage" players.

I wouldn't buy one either, but hopefully it will do well.

mseydel said:
Definitely a good 'beginner' iPod...

Thing is, it's just NOT an iPod. It's a pen flash drive that seems to happen to play MP3s. There's a pretty big divide in potential market and product itself between this and even the mini iPod.

The Mac mini is a good "beginner" Mac. The iPod shuffle is... well... A beginner mp3 player?

Back