My current desktop

Nice picture.

I've never seen Bryce with that much snow. Southern Utah has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Yes, it is beautiful, and quite fitting for this time of year:D

I live in Faroe Islands and we usually have a bit of snow this time of year, but this winter there has been no snow, only rain and a lot of it:eek:

I think it's interesting to see what others have on their desktop (and in their dock) ... I'm trying to peek at the various programs loaded there.

I see you have internet explorer and firefox - is the ie an old version? Is there a reason you keep a lot of "older" programs in your dock?

I'd love to see other desktops!

And one more with my windows pc runnning.

I use a program with the funny name of "Chicken of the VNC". It lets me connect to a windows pc running XP Home. Windows remote desktop connection for mac only works with XP Pro version. Chicken of the VNC is great... free, easy to install and run and super fast on my homenetwork. Now I can control my windows pc remote from everywhere in my house and it saves me the use of parallels on my Mac.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 103
:)

I've been on the road a lot lately; the car picture is an extension of my work. That, and it's very dramatic and most people have no clue what kind of car it is!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    939.7 KB · Views: 91
What a beauty! Is that in Europe.... the road and mountains in the background reminds me of my motorbiking years in the German/Swiss/Austrian Alps?

What a beauty! Is that in Europe.... the road and mountains in the background reminds me of my motorbiking years in the German/Swiss/Austrian Alps?

I believe it's Spain, although it's possible I'm mistaken. I found the picture while searching for pictures of Spain.

I originally posted this in May (2009), and it hasn't changed yet:

This was an idea, (actually a variation of a design for my website splash page), that I've had kicking around for a couple of weeks. Started it LATE last night, finished it today. Attachment is a screen capture, 'cause I wanted to show how I like to hide all the folders sitting on top (so that they disappear into the background). Done by taking a marqueed screen grab of the part of the desktop the folder winds up on, and then making that the folder icon. I started doing that over the last couple of years because I hate clutter on my desktop, but I love the convenience of having my frequently opened items right there.

attachment.php

I'm sorry if this comes out big. I haven't posted here much, and I can't see how to make it an attachment instead of the full size image.

And just to show how "clever" :) I am: My hard drive's name is "Steel", following a theme I started two hard drives back; first was 'IronMan", then "TinMan".

Back