My first job..

DanTekGeek

MacTechGeek
Hey all,
I havent been posting latley, because ive been busy with other stuff..and i got a job! Its at target, as a casheir for the time being, hopefullly electronics in the future. It pays well, but standing for 8 hours is a b*tch on the feet and back. Im trying to work as much as I can so I can get my powerbook soon, and get lots of nice shiny acessories. Only other downside of working is that I cant really keep up on tech news until i get home... maybe I need to get a wearable computer. ::ha::

Congratulations on your job. I hope that you will have enough money to get that powerbook of your dreams.

A first job is an important stage in a man's life. I starting by working in an insurrance company, ordering files.

I used to work at a barnes and noble as a cashier. Even with the breaks my legs still hurt - glad I am not doing that anymore :D -- it was only for a couple of weeks though and we alternated (some cashiers, some book bringers/placers, some customer service) so all was OK

Congrats for the job! Yes, the first job is always cool to have .. :D
My first job was delivering ads and newspapers.. when I was 14 (some evenings a week and Saturday to get cash) ... then a bit of everything from testing software to being an assistant briacklayer and trying to sell homes to actually planning them and a bunch of other ones .. happy with the current job (I know what I want to do as next stage though) but always nice to remember the first job too ..

I hope you can get soon the Powerbook :)

My first job was only about 3 months long, until the store went out of business. it was at Present Company in the electronics dept. i hated that job for the sole reason that the only video we had to play in the TVs was home alone (1). In those three months i have no idea how much i saw that movie, but it is way more than any one person should in three lifetimes!

My first job was as a cashier for McDonald's. :rolleyes:

I now work for the school system as a tech for two elementary schools.

My first job was a horse riding teacher, now i'm a molecular biology researcher... both jobs require standing and walking for hours without peace, but I think a Powerbook is a good reason for suffer a bit...

My first job was working as camp counseler in Tallahassee Florida. I was the archery and riflery instructor.

Back