My magic mouse2 has begun to scroll in a jerky fashion instead of the smooth fashion previously. What can I do?

nealt

Registered
iMac 2019 Running Mojave. By jerky I mean there is a 1 second pause after I click on an object and move the mouse.
I have tried various surfaces and a Magic mouse 1 with the same results.

I have reviewed this forum and the Apple forum but none of the suggestions help.

Anyone have ideas?

By jerky I mean there is a 1 second pause after I click on an object and move the mouse.
I have tried various surfaces and a Magic mouse 1 with the same results.
You are describing a delay in movement, not jerky-ness, correct?
Does the mouse only have that delay on initial movement? or all the time, while you are dragging some object across the screen (?)
(I guess you also mean that both your current mouse 2, and an older magic mouse BOTH show the same response (?) )

If you really do have intermittent movement, all the time, watch the CPU window in your Activity Monitor - watching for sudden spikes in CPU usage when you attempt to click-move. You would want to look for specific process. Sorting the list, so high CPU is at the top will show that process pretty quickly, when it happens.

btw - in my experience, my preferred "surface" for testing an optical mouse is a blank sheet of paper.

Back