My PowerBook died...

vivunger

Registered
My PowerBook just died an untimely death... very sad. Do I sell for parts? What else to do? It died while I was trying to set security on it, I guess I corrupted the logic board and I couldn't log in ever again... boo hoo.

or did you try altering the RAM configuration (take one DIMM out, for example) and zapping the PRAM in order to let the PB "forget" the firmware-PW? :) (psssst, satcomer: your sig mentions a 2.16MHz MBP.)

Last edited:
Before you give up there are a couple of things you can try:There should be a power manager restart item on back of computer that you can hold down for a few seconds.. You can also try fixing it by resetting the pram..holding down the option and control key and the P and R at the same time just after start up.Another option is to use your start up disk to start it. After it's started go into the hard drive and find and open applications folder find open utility folder, find and open disk utility , select your hard drive and repair disk permissions. I][/I][/B]

I did take it to the Apple store at the time, they tried to get OSX working, they said the logic board was gone.... guess you guys know more than them.
Thanks for the help!

I am a Grad student in Library & Information Science, although I have been a Mac person since 1990, I am about to set up a wireless network for Mac and PC (for a paper and project this Quarter). All of this is fascinating to me. Networking class is a challenge!
Oh, and I just got a MacBook 2.4 GHz, 2GBRAM, and 250GB HD- its dreamy.

Back