Need a New Mouse

ppod

Registered
I've been using a Kensington Mouse-in-a-Box Optical Pro #72112 for about 7 years and it seems to be getting tired. Am thinking about Kensington's Ci60 (#72257), PilotMouse (#72128), or Optical Elite (#72121) OR perhaps a McAlly ILaser.

Any comments, suggestions, etc. I'd really appreciate any and all input.

PPod

at the moment, Logitech make just about the best mouses, according to popular opinion.

bit pricey, mind, if you go top of the range

I have to agree, I have been using a Logitech MX700 on my G5 for a couple of years with no problems at all.

I recently bought the Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse and have been very pleased with its ease of use, features and comfort.

Gotta go with the devil here, but I prefer Microsoft's Intellimouse mice -- 5 buttons, scroll wheel, optical precision, no drivers needed, not too expensive.

I would recommend a mouse from either Microsoft or Logitech. As for something more affordable, I've used some of the Labtec optical mice and I've been quite surprised at how nice they feel and function. This one in particular is the one I've had experience with and I would purchase it for my own personal use if I needed to.

Will LabTec run under OS X?

Any standard USB mouse will work in OS X. Plus, the left mouse button is already supported out of the box as should the scroll wheel. These are basic mouse functions nowadays that Mac OS X already supports.

my buddies love their logitech g5 mice (on their pcs), and i love my basic ms optical wheel mouse on my mac. as long as you stick with a big name, and make sure that the box of the mouse states os x compatibility, you should be alright.

Back