Networking Problems

scooterdude

Registered
Hello All

We have a DSL Actiontec router for our wireless network in a large live/work warehouse space in Denver. Airport is picked up perfectly by our desktop and one Powerbook. The Powerbook is about 50 feet away, no problem. I am trying to network our other Powerbook and it does not recognize the network anywhere, even 2 feet from the router. Any suggstions? I have gone through the usual stuff and zapped the pram today with no better results. I can pick up wireless in inernet cafe type pplaces but not my own network.

thanks in advance

Scooterdude

Check the Keychain Access entry for your network (/Applications/Utilities/Keychaain Access). Delete the entry and then manually re-add the login in again normally. See if that works.

Also check what your network wireless is using. Older Powerbooks may not be able to do 8011.g. Check the the Blue Apple->More info and once System Profiler launches check the airport card. If it is doesn't say Extreme it will not do 8011.g.

Thanks for your reply.

We figured it out by going to the Actiontec DSL modem site and setting the modem to broadcast.We will set up the security key shortly.
It works fine!

Scooterdude

Back