New Apple Event for the new Macs

My poor bank account is not going to like me...think it's time to finally grab a new 16" MBP. Decisions...Pro or Max...

The 64 GB vs. 32 GB question is the thing which would influence the CPU choice for me. I would rarely need the full horsepower of an M1 Max, so I'd happily take an M1 Pro at 64 GB if they made one, but they only go up to 32 GB.

I'm thinking' 'Standard' 16" M1Pro will be ok---FAR better than my current MBP. Gonna let the market shake out for a few weeks & a few reports emerge before taking the plunge.

The 64 GB vs. 32 GB question is the thing which would influence the CPU choice for me. I would rarely need the full horsepower of an M1 Max, so I'd happily take an M1 Pro at 64 GB if they made one, but they only go up to 32 GB.
Yeah, I'm still not 100% sold on the whole 'unified memory requires 1/2 as much as traditional' idea. 32GB might be fine most of the time for what I'll do, but 64GB just sounds more appealing. :D

Just picked up new 16" M1Pro. "Standard" looks like all I'll ever need. 512HD-16G Ram. No need for more or bigger (famous last words :p )
Too late to tackle Migration Assistant tonight; tomorrow I transfer & then the fine tuning starts. UGGH!

Just picked up new 16" M1Pro. "Standard" looks like all I'll ever need. 512HD-16G Ram. No need for more or bigger (famous last words :p )
Too late to tackle Migration Assistant tonight; tomorrow I transfer & then the fine tuning starts. You should get two bay smart NAS and transfer you music to it!

Well, a rough start. Had no USB3 cables, so had to try to migrate wirelessly. 5+ hours wasted. Borrowed USB to USB cable and C to A adaptor. Flew through in about 1 ½ hours. Now comes the tweaking, adding, & deleting.
Add, yes, I have an order into Amazon foe C to A adaptors and a small Hub.

Well, a rough start. Had no USB3 cables, so had to try to migrate wirelessly. 5+ hours wasted. Borrowed USB to USB cable and C to A adaptor. Flew through in about 1 ½ hours. Now comes the tweaking, adding, & deleting.
Add, yes, I have an order into Amazon foe C to A adaptors and a small Hub.

You should get a Thunderbolt 4 Hub sense they give 4 10g USB and thee Thunderbolt 4 ports for extra connections, the three I seen so far are OWC Thunderbolt 4 Dock or CalDigit Element Thunderbolt 4 Dock or Kensington SD5700T Thunderbolt 4 Dock! this way you extra ports USC as well as quickest modern ports

I also came across of the new THunderbolt 4 Blaze Docking Station that came out today!

Last edited:
Back