new apple monitors and next os x upgrade...

funkyoucrew

Registered
rumors say that the new apple monitors that will be reveiled on January 7 will have a new enclosure without the horizontal design lines to match the new powermac g4 quicksilver...

does this mean that in a next version of os x we won't see the horizontal lines in the aqua-interface anymore?!

that would be cool :)

The new screens will actually come with a webcam implemented in them. It scans the environment around them and passes the pic to the new OS, 10.2 by the way, which no longer has the horizontal lines but a new silver look. It will use this picture and let the GUI actually reflect the surrounding of the LCD on the "metal" parts of the GUI and the glass parts like buttons and scrollbars. Apple said the first version of this new GUI, called Silver Aqua, might be a bit slow and they have trouble with window resizing, but they will fix it with 10.2.4...

:D :D :D

I have never really liked the lines. Think about how sleek and smooth and clean it would look without them! Maybe it would run faster too?

I'm a fan of the lines, although I'm using a TiBook, which itself has kind of a Platinum Appearance. ;)

You can use some theme to get rid of them. I won't.

Apple won't ditch Aqua that fast, believe me. Apple had three themes. System 1-7, System 8-9, X. We'll be with Aqua for some years to come.

...but anyways - they should implement a theme switcher app, like OS 8's appearance manager. That would b cool :cool:

I agree. The lines are kinda cool. Although I wouldn't mind if they took them out. The look I don't like is the "brushed metal" look of the Quicktime Player and OS 9's Sherlock.

I don't mind the brushed metall look of Sherlock, but I mind that there's no "stop" button in OS X' Sherlock. :rolleyes:

... yeah there is a stop button in OS X's Sherlock. The green search button changes to red when you click the green button, signifying to stop the search, just press the same button again.

Sorry, Image In Dutch. Engish PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Attachments

• the start of osx (dutch - the start of...).jpg
    the start of osx (dutch - the start of...).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 132
ik heb hier thuis nog enkele edities van Het Apple Blad uit 1984 waarin de Macintosh wordt aangekondigd... is echt wel leuk om te lezen... als je wil scan ik ze op het werk wel eens in...

Ik denk dat ge hier ni de hele tijd nederlands moet klappen... Is nog al onfair voor de mensen die da ni kunnen, hŽ

SENNE

ulrik - lol, help me back up on to my chair!!:D :D

......lol some more!!!!

my side hurts and it's your fault (lol):D

don't worry, the pain in your side will be fixed in a later release, just check software update regularly...

Apple needs to Aquafy Quicktime player so that Windows users can say: "Wow this is a nice looking aqua player!This must be made from Apple! I like aqua! Lets buy Mac OS X!" or something like that.

To remove the lines isn't to change the apperance! Just finish it a little:D

Back