New Apple TV and iPod line

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
Today's updates...

http://www.apple.com/appletv/
"Apple TV has been redesigned to be small in size but big on entertainment. Rent from the largest selection of HD movies — many available the same day they come out on DVD. Watch Netflix titles instantly. Rent TV shows, commercial free in HD. And stream photos and music from your computer to your widescreen TV. Best of all, Apple TV is just $99."
Netflix, YouTube, MobileMe, and Flickr...

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/
With Facetime, better resolution etc

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/
With multi-touch

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
Colors are back again...

I was crossing my fingers that the $0.99 per series per month rumor was true, but alas, it did seem a bit too good to be real.

I was looking for a solution to ditch AT&T's ridiculously expensive, highway robbery-ish U-verse service for something more cost effective. The new AppleTV comes closer, but not quite there yet. Maybe a combo Nexflix account with a la carte TV/movie rentals could do it... I'll have to work the math and figure it out.

I may drop by the Apple store on the way home and check out a nano. They look... interesting.

I guess iTunes 10 should go to the list of updates too :)

We've been looking a way to get rid of Time Warner's ridiculously priced cable pack. As there are three shows that anyone watches (Simpsons, Futurama, and No Reservations).. those are all available by other means. Even No Reservations is in iTunes... so that, Netflix and occasional Redbox (and green box). I guess one of those new AppleTVs is on the near future shopping list too (along with Mac Mini server and another iPad).

I like the new AppleTV function. I hope I'll have the video streaming on my old AppleTV too !

According to Apple, none of the "new" features included in the new AppleTV will be available in the old AppleTV.

The old AppleTV will still do everything it's always been able to do, but will not be updated to support any of the new features included with the new AppleTV.

According to Apple, none of the "new" features included in the new AppleTV will be available in the old AppleTV.

The old AppleTV will still do everything it's always been able to do, but will not be updated to support any of the new features included with the new AppleTV.

Well I guess then it's open hacking season on the old AppleTV. A quick search found ATVFLASH. It's to bad ATVFlash doesn't support Adobe Flash so Netflix and Hulu is a no go still.

Since AppleTV had renting movies before, I don't see why they would exclude them from renting TV shows now. They'd only miss out on renting-business. Of course they won't bring netflix etc., but renting TV shows... I don't think that even requires a software update... But *if* so, you'd simply rent them on your Mac or PC and then sync.

1. The New Nano is a joke. Its cute, thats it. They downgraded and went backwards, they took the video camera out, they removed the scroll wheel which was a killer.

Even the people that were reviewing the damn thing for engadget were joking around laughing at it, and not taking it serious. Its ugly, and I think its going to backfire for Apple. I think if they should have kept the scroll wheel in it, or atleast made it bigger. Now its basically a shuffle with a screen.

2. The shuffle was aimed as a cheap iPod for running, and just listening to whatever song. Now they made it square again, and with buttons. Which again is a step backwards for Apple.

3. Finally the iPod Touch, they listened to people and added not only 1 but 2 cameras, but still. No flash. Which is still making people want more...

Samsung BD-C6900 1080p 3D Blu-ray Disc Player

They still have that cheap chrome back to it, which gets scratches easily, and fingerprinted easily. Alot of people complained about that, I would have loved if they made it aluminum kind of like the new iPhone, made it more sturdier. But no they neglect to listen to their buyers on that one, and still have that stupid backing for it.

So they basically put a camera in it which should have been in the 3G, with no flash, and the same design and just made it thinner like everything else.

4. iTunes 10, I think is a step forward. Adding Social network into iTunes I think is great way to get more people to buy music from their favourite artists.

5. Apple TV great price drop, but now its basically a box that lets you rent movies and tv shows. and stream music, which I like that idea of. I might buy one, they look great. by (Qartin)

Last edited:
Back