New Apple Website

Do you like the new design of the US Apple Website?

• 5 - Really great! Looks astonishing!

• 4 - Really good

• 3 - Looks ok, I guess

• 2 - Not the best

• 1 - horrendous

Results are only viewable after voting.
I kind of like it, it's just nice that they finnaly changed something on the site, it's been like 5 years since they changed it.
Though, I don't like that they got rid of the sub menus, it's a lot harder to navigate without them.

I hate redesigns for redesign's sake. The usefulness wasn't improved. At least we now have a "Mac" tab again - and not just a ".Mac" one. ;)

Hm...? :) ... I'm not a site, though. I just mean they could've done more at the same time. This now just seems like the normal "we'll adapt it to the look of our next OS version's look a little". Which is okay. But nothing groundbreaking.

I really liked it. The eyecandy in the Mac section for the scrollbar was very nice. :D

I think it looks nice, but usability seems to have taken a hit in some strange places. For instance, the sub-header is gone. In the old design, say you clicked on "Support". On the support page, directly under those big tabs, were links to sub-sections — Downloads, Manuals, etc. Now, these links are in scattered throughout the page, some in sidebars, some beneath the content areas, some (apparently) missing entirely.

Also, it only looks nice on pages with dark backgrounds. This stands to reason, since they're using the UI appearance from OS X that is only used for darker windows (brushed metal and dark-unified). On pages with white background, it looks a little out of place.

yah, the main page looks really nice on my MacBook's glossy screen!!!!!!!
I also like how they put the search at the top so i don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom.
And I kinda wish the Store had a black backround too.

I really liked it. The eyecandy in the Mac section for the scrollbar was very nice. :D
I guess you mean the section _near_ the scrollbar, where the, hmm, drawers pop up and down, revealing stuff or hiding it, quite surprisingly so? A good call for non-usability eyecandy in my opinion.

I too love the new design of the Apple website.

I especially love the 'sliding' navigation tabs that appears on the right hand side of the Support and Download sections. I can't wait for a Dreamweaver Extension for that.

Also, try searching for something in the new search bar. Spotlight on the web, FANTASTIC! Now I want to know how they do that! It must be a conbination of JavaScript and AJAX. Getting ready for the iPhone users I suspect.

It will be a while for the new design to replicate through all the domains, but I think that the new design is a massive plus.

Back