New Clones

Alra111, I knew they were a scam the second I heard they were from Miami. How, you might ask? Well, I live there too! So yeah, you and I are two people with first hand experience on how things run here. Let's not forget how TigerDirect tried to come after Apple some years back because they said that the use of the name "Tiger" as a description for 10.4 was going to cause brand confusion and hurt their sales. As it is, their Grade-B products were already hurting their sales for them. ::ha::

It now seems this company is a hoax or scam as their address keeps changing on their website.

EDIT: merged 3 threads together. Let's try to keep this all in one place.

Last edited:
From http://www.psystar.com:

We're in the process of moving to a new location which is now listed on our contact page. The first new address posted (10481) was in error and our correct address is 10475 NW 28th Street. PSYSTAR was, prior to this past week, not ready to handle the enormous production capacity demanded by the online community. Due to the incredible response we have now expanded to a larger commercial unit to handle the supplies and assembly of Open Computers. THANK YOU for all of your orders.

Midday yesterday our store was not receiving any orders. This was due to the fact that our merchant gateway, Powerpay, dropped the ball on us and refused to process any more transactions from our company. We have reverted to Paypal until we can find a high-volume merchant. Apparently Powerpay was not ready to handle the community's demand for Open Computing.

Paypal? These mofos are accepting payment via PayPal? No friggin' way!! They are so ridiculous. I really, really want to drive by there and take some pictures. I want to get to the point where they think I'm about to buy one of their Mac clones, then, as they're about to sell it to me, tell them that they're violating Apple's EULA, and they I am heading to contact the Better Business Bureau. What a$$holes!!

What's funny is seeing all the PC people over at places like OSNews debating on the merits of the EULA and denouncing EULAs as evil.

From http://www.psystar.com:

Paypal? These mofos are accepting payment via PayPal? No friggin' way!! They are so ridiculous. I really, really want to drive by there and take some pictures. I want to get to the point where they think I'm about to buy one of their Mac clones, then, as they're about to sell it to me, tell them that they're violating Apple's EULA, and they I am heading to contact the Better Business Bureau. What a$$holes!!

What is your problem with PayPal ? That's simple and efficient for small orders in small quantities.

Back