New Displays?

yup. feelin a bit better now. hopefully not flu! just a fever.

if they did a decent job of improving the books i'd prbably get one, but i want more innovation for my money. don't get me wrong - i don't want a g5 book - just a much better form factor. revolutionary again.

Yeah, the Powerbooks have been somewhat dissapointing for me, I look after mine so much, and it's falling to pieces. It's awful, it has so many problems, I'd rather have an iBook if it weren't for the speed.

Cat said:
No, seriously ... Are all the current displays already widescreen and HighDefinition?

Those currently available dispalys are 20", 23" and 30".

YES, they are all widescreen.

NO, only 23" and 30" are (HD) High Definition.

You could notice the big price jump from 20" to 23".

And the 30" display requires Dual Link DVI supported display card to operate. Which is now available to new 17" 1.67Ghz PowerBook or an optional upgrade to 1.67Ghz 15" PowerBook.

Wide screen is not just meant for watching DVD. If you are working with programs such as Photo Shop and Spreadsheet program such as Excel, you will find the wide screen a must have.

Breber

and as for HD. the 23 and above is required to watch 1080i HD, but 720p (arguably better quality anyway) will play on a 20", and even 1080i would scale (in QT, or DVD Player) to a 20" (it's only off by 30 pixel rows)

Back