New DVD Burner...just checking compatability

that burner is supported natively with 10.4 (maybe 10.3.9..) or with PatchBurn3 under 10.3.x..

Diablo...was waiting for you to chime in....yes it is...I just ordered that, another 160gig drive and associated cables...looking forward to the big migrate to Tiger with all the new guts early next week.

Wow... I've got a DVR-107 I've been looking to upgrade as soon as native compatiblity set in with Tiger... now that dual-/double-layer burning is natively supported on the 109, it seems like the right time (and price!) to upgrade.

Good luck with the upgrades!

The 104 in my system died a couple of years ago...then I spent WAY too much money on an external 106 from Formac...(I loved the converter I got from them, but the burner, while still working, looks and sounds like it was put together by complete morons - and their software sucks too). I'm hoping this new internal 109 will be all that and a bowl of rice!

WOW! This is better pricing than macsales.com! Do any of you know that if I already have Tiger installed and just upgrade to this drive, do I have to do anything special or reinstall Tiger? Or should it just work out of the box?

....except I can't figure out how to correctly take off the front plate?

What gives...there's 4 little tabs that 'appear' to be the only things holding that in, but it just doesnt' want to release.

This is my first attempt at taking the face plate off an optical drive...anyone have any thoughts on how stupid I am....I mean, what I'm doing wrong ;)

Thanks for the help...again.

Eddie

Actually, that probably will...It did not occur to me to remove the tray plate FIRST...I'm stupid. Thanks Daiblo. I'll give it a shot tonight...I'm still trying to figure out when I'm going to have time to get all this in there...hopefully before the end of the weekend.

Thanks again everyone...

Back