New eMac <-- I'm Fast :)

Just found that in the eMac online store page (where you can select the models)

All models include a 56K modem, Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse.

It's not Pro Keyboard and Pro Mouse anymore. Not sure if that mean the rumored new keyboard and mouse.

The base model is only $799! Say goodbye to all iMac 15" CRT.

Originally posted by ddma
Just found that in the eMac online store page (where you can select the models)

It's not Pro Keyboard and Pro Mouse anymore. Not sure if that mean the rumored new keyboard and mouse.

The base model is only $799! Say goodbye to all iMac 15" CRT.
go to the Apple Store, click on the eMac, then on the page where you choose your model, near the bottom there is a photo gallery link. Click it, then look at the keyboard photo. There is your answer.

Oh yeah, that's why they just call it Mouse and Keyboard!

5.jpg

4.jpg

the placement doesn't look too bad in my book... It helps them to create a keyboard with smooth lines rather than having the USB ports blatently obvious, looking like they were an afterthought.

i like that keyboard. simple . but nice...

(but im sure the pc fans in this forum prefer those ugly expensive uncomfortable MS keyboards.. i dont)

I'm not very familiar with the eMac line, so what is new about these (besides the keyboard)? Lower prices? Higher specs?

I hate the screen. At least with the old imac, the screen is slightly wider than the height. But it's educational brother, the emac (e for education, so it's an education mac), it's just a square. They should just load the old imacs with education software, and it would be a good emac. That made the most sense than everything i've been saying lately. WOOOOH!

YA! come on apple make right click and scroll wheel... and make it fit in our hands properly. Maybe even WIRELESS optical too, that wire will make me spontaneously combust. Though i have a logitech mouse, scroll wheel, 2 clicks, fits in ur hand, wireless, optical, delicious!, it would be neat if i didn't have to buy a mouse for my comp, because apple would supply awesome mice for me to enjoy!

I'm so overdue for a new desktop system. I'm trying to wait for the next system, no big rush since i get my work done on this sytem. But when these lower end models pack more of a punch, kind of hard to say i have a G4 when it doesn't mean what it use to according to my system specs.

Of course, it could increase the cost of the package. Also, isn't it better to buy a mouse you really want, rather than put up with what you've been given simply because it has the basic features you want? I.E. like people who buy PCs often do?

Originally posted by sheepguy42
higher specs

Old eMac:
G4 700MHz/800MHz (100MHz System Bus)

New eMac:
G4 800MHz/1GHz (133MHz System Bus)

Old eMac:
AGP 2x GeForce 2MX 32MB

New eMac:
AGP 4x Radeon 7500 32MB

Old eMac:
40GB/60GB Hard Disk

New eMac:
40GB/60GB/80GB Hard Disk

Old eMac:
AirPort

New eMac:
AirPort Extreme

Old eMac:
Pro Mouse
Pro Keyboard

New eMac:
Mouse
Keyboard

Great! I can now get a 'new' and 'cheap' Mac for word/excel/powerpoint and basic email for my girlfriend (She hogs my DP867 for small tasks).

These are Soooooo Cheap......they are on the low end of the spec scale but if all you do is use it for these tasks then you will have years of use.

Final Apple has truley enterd the 'cheap' market to fight Wintel ::love::

Nice 1 Apple!

Back