New eMac <-- I'm Fast :)

Must really say I don't quite get why Apple doesn't deliver better graphics with the consumer Macs... For playing games, those aren't really top-notch, are they...

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
the placement doesn't look too bad in my book... It helps them to create a keyboard with smooth lines rather than having the USB ports blatently obvious, looking like they were an afterthought.

Did you ever use the old apple keyboard, I mean the last one before the USB keyboard. These had the ADB port in the middle, the cable was always getting stuck under the side/corner of the keyboard, (Apple mice have such short leads and the shortest route between 2 points is a straight line). This is fine if you use the mouse right next to the keyboard, but if you ever use it in front it will cause the cable to get in the way of the bottom corner of the keyboard. I know this sounds petty but in every day use it becomes really annoying.

As always with Apple design's, it's 3 steps forward then one step bacwards!!

Roll on Bluetooth

I guess i dont see how these are all on the "low end of the specs". Sure, it doesnt have a 2nd proc, but i think machines like these are a STEAL for the price.

I'd agree too, but if i was going to spend over $1,000, I would put it towards a G4 Tower instead. But if it came down to not having the extra cash for a NICE monitor, the eMac will do.

Originally posted by garymum4d
Did you ever use the old apple keyboard, I mean the last one before the USB keyboard. These had the ADB port in the middle, the cable was always getting stuck under the side/corner of the keyboard, (Apple mice have such short leads and the shortest route between 2 points is a straight line). This is fine if you use the mouse right next to the keyboard, but if you ever use it in front it will cause the cable to get in the way of the bottom corner of the keyboard. I know this sounds petty but in every day use it becomes really annoying.

As always with Apple design's, it's 3 steps forward then one step bacwards!!

Roll on Bluetooth

I use one almost daily actualy ;)
My friend just purchased a G3 off ebay for use as a router and when I'm over there I usualy use it instead of his xp machine.

I've never really had a problem with it. I use the mouse next to the keyboard most of the time.

The old Apple days, Apple really has come a long way from the computers i use to use in first grade, a looooooong time ago. I'm 23, yet i still remember those computers, dull tanish gray. I hated those old, loud keyboards too. You couldn't type if there was a class going on. I use to play Math Munchers on it. O the memories. I'm getting old :(

Back