new iBook seem to be Yahoo Games running Java. Please help.

ethanS

Registered
Hello everybody,

I finally got my long awaited iBook 800Mhz. Wow, fantastic. Loved it. But when i play Yahoo Pool that utilises Java, the game seems to load up quite slowly and the graphics is not smooth. I can't even seem to be able to get the Java applet to function properly, like when I want to hit the ball.

Anyone had that problem before ? Please help. Thanks a bunch.

Java programs tend to run a bit slow under OS X... :( Not much you can do about it for the time being -- we just need to wait for Apple to get on the ball!

kekek ... thank fer the tip ... just tot the great mac os x is meant for all these stuff .....

how bout getting the Java2 1.4.1 RE for Linux and installing it on Mac OS x ? will that work ... since that both is based on UNIX roots

thanks again ~! =c)

i think that apple is releasing the Java 1.4.1 stuff soon. Unless that is only the developper stuff. Im not really shore.

yeah ... heard bout that as well ... its the developer version ... tot that i could do a lil java programming for fun ....

nvm .... its another waiting game ... kekek

cheers all ... =c)

ethanS

i just went to test it out since i have an account on yahoo. Before it didn't work in internet explorer so i switched to chimera instead.

I also changed the screen size to 640X800 which makes it load in about 1-2 minutes. Than it's just time to wait for an opponent.

I think in general it's developers who cater to windows java rather than the real java. which makes so many things we could of used normally work like crap on our computers.

anywho, go check it out with chimera.

see ya

Back