new imac is confirmed, now the rest...

funkyoucrew

Registered
a friend of mine writes for a belgian technology magazine and received a phone call from someone of Apple Belgium yesterday to invite him at a press conference next week in Belgium.

The Apple guy told him about what an impact the first iMac had 3 years ago, and said that the new iMac that will be reveiled at the Macworld Expo next Monday will have an even greater impact!

So the new iMac is a fact... but he didn't say anything about a G4 or G5, iWalk etc...

Yeah I think most everyone thinks there will be a new iMac monday, but I just hope that this isn't the ONLY big announcement they have.

Judging by the hype, if the iMac is the only new anouncement it will probably be one hell of an iMac.

But personaly I am hopeing for a few more things to be released.

Ok, I think we all are just about 99% sure that there'll be a new iMac introduced at the Expo -- but I hardly think that ANYTHING that will be released at the Expo has been "confirmed." Apple has gone to GREAT lengths to protect their secrets -- remember the ATI fiasco a year or so ago when they accidentally leaked information?

I also firmly believe that Apple may "misrepresent" information to people that work directly for Apple just to protect their secrets. If this is the Expo to blow away all Expos, then I firmly believe that what will be presented are things that no one knows about yet. Yes, a new iMac will probably be introduced, but I doubt that's a confirmed story. Plus, Apple, in my opinion, would NOT "confirm" a rumor to a magazine at any cost, especially since Apple is the one keeping things under wraps for the "surprise" factor!

I think we all know what we're going to get -- a new iMac, speed-bumped Quicksilvers up to and maybe past 1GHz, a new "media" thingy like the iPod and a whole slew of new software. That's what we're expecting -- and NOTHING has been confirmed, otherwise people would be drooling over the news. We'll just have to wait and see and keep our expectations within reasonable limits. No point in wishing for G5s or 2GHz Macs or iMacs in the $300 range... although it would be quite a shock if these were introduced. We can speculate until our ears bleed, but ultimately, whatever is introduced in the keynote will have been confirmed right then and there -- and no sooner. Apple wouldn't do that.

Back