New Imacs

nordex

Registered
I was just cruising around at apple.com and i noticed that they have droped the price of the 15inch models could this mean there clearin them out for the new line.?.?.?.?.?<>

Originally posted by nordex
I was just cruising around at apple.com and i noticed that they have droped the price of the 15inch models could this mean there clearin them out for the new line.?.?.?.?.?<>

It could simply mean that they're dropping the 15" model.

I read on MacOsRumors and other sites as well that the 15" iMac is being phased out of production. The price drop would seem to indicate this as well as the additional rumors that stores are no longer receiving any more shipments of 15" iMac models. Of course, rumors are like assumptions...

Cheers

Remember the old iMacs? They came in only one version as well...just in different colors. The colors in this case are the SuperDrive options and different RAM and hard drive configurations. Remember, I am only going on rumor at this point--just to make that perfectly clear. Seems like people want the larger screen more than they want the 15" model. Why would Apple stop shipping further orders of the 15" version? Time will tell.

Since the price of TFT LCD dropped drastically for the last couple of months Apple can afford to drop the iMac price. The price of PC133 memory help Apple drops the price further. See that the powerbook price plummets this month as well.

Back