lighter then 2 cds in a jewel case.
firewire connector on bottom
drops in a dock
new headphone jack
backlit buttons
better screen
usb 2.0

more later

i don't like the software update... Those really new cool features are only for the new iPod (like Alarm, Notes, Solitaire, Brick, ...)

:( i'm disappointed....

pfff.... On the Go Playlists.. Something that i ALWAYS wanted on my iPod.... Nope, only for new iPods available... :( :( :(

I just ordered the 15gb ipod. I also downloaded iTunes 4 and quicktime 6.2.

I love apple. :)

ipod ships may 2nd. i can't wait! i'm so glad i waited! Look how slim it is!

that is completely rediculous that the older ipods do not get the make your own playlist feature. i have been waiting for this feature for as long as i have my ipod. Now owners of the older ones do not get it!

Way to go apple...

I am personally very disappointed. I bought my iPod just last week, 10GB, and now I can't do thigns that the equivalent does today. This is dumb! Why can't mind do ratings? or notes? or alarms?

no song ratings either?! WTF.. This personally is beginning to be the last straw. I stuck with the iPod because I felt that apple would finally update it one day to be able to make its own playlists or that it would never be updated to include this on any model. Now it is included, and is not an update for the older ipods. This is very discouraging and I will not pay another $400 plus just to add a dock and playlist creation on the go.

Very bad move apple....

you should have waited to buy your new iPod!

I have mine already 1 year.. i thought that the software will always have the newest features and options, cause the brochure said that it was updateable...

Ok, I'll probably get flamed for this, but... Apple releases new iPods. Those new iPods, surprise, surprise, have new features that are not available on the older models. And people are complaining about this????? Isn't that the way new product releases are supposed to work? I apologize if I'm sounding offensive here, I really don't want to, but I just can't understand people complaining about a new product having new features that the old one doesn't. Sorry.

Because Apple always said that the software of the iPod is updateable (see quote below)

I'm not mad about the larger Hard Drives (that's normal that that gets updated), but i'm mad about the fact that Apple doesn't offer a good SOFTWARE update for older iPods.

Originally posted by senne
i thought that the software will always have the newest features and options, cause the brochure said that it was updateable...

Yea, thats like saying...

I bought the 2002 model, and the 2003 model has heated seats. Damn Automaker... geezz... and I just bought bought mine a few weeks ago. No heated seats...

This is the last straw!!! I'm going to with umm.... oh yea, all companies do that... well, screw the world, Im going to jump in a hole and whine.

and now what we (old iPod users) get is AAC-support (which is really cool) and an extra "Backlight"-button...

Woohooo :eek:

Yeh, that stinks I want my Apple IIGS to be able to run 10.2.5 I've waited 15 years...idiots. Just put my order in too. = )

I have just placed my order! Ship in 7-10 days... Hope it won't be delayed due to SARS!

Very nice design... the only missing points:
Wireless headset
Touch screen with pen :)

I want my apple IIGS to run 10.2.5 as well!

But seriously, I just want to be able to make playlists on my ipod without paying another 300 or 400 for a new iPod.

Back