new iPod

I'm an owner of an 'old' iPod.
I'm NOT disappointed.
Why? I get the important stuff. Like AAC playback. I'm so glad that the old iPods DID get the AAC update that I actually DON'T feel the need to get the new one.

You bought an iPod a week ago? That's your own fault, I must say. The info about Apple making a music even on 28th of April was out and about even before.

But really: Enjoy your iPod. It's such a great device...

I guess I'm another one of those ppl that really doesn't care about most of those new features that the new iPods have. I got my 20gb iPod last November and I still don't regret it. Maybe I just don't use my iPod as often as other ppl do though.

fryke! I am also a 'old' iPod owner, but may is dead :-( No one can save it... Now my life still goes on and I still love you.

hmmm...I think that basically new iPod has the same hardware inside...maybe when someone will have the new iPod we will find some trick to run the new one (or portion) on old iPod...
How to extract or reload new firmware is known from months... I like my old iPod...c'mon boys we are pioneers in some ways...

Ciao!

wooow i was wondering what everyone was talking about when i came here... i didnt kno what u were talking about a music store... lol i nearly gave someone sh*t because he wouldn't explain himself... lol.
30 gigs! Holy Pickles! That's like 10 times bigger than my friend's hd (3 gigs lol). Amazing..... I might buy it, 75,000 songs! I might get the 10 gig one though... meh i only got 6 gigs of music anyway...

Androo, I picked up the 15GB version because the 10GB version doesn't come with a remote control and case.

P.S. Thanks senne! ::love::

Originally posted by Androo
wooow i was wondering what everyone was talking about when i came here... i didnt kno what u were talking about a music store... lol i nearly gave someone sh*t because he wouldn't explain himself... lol.
30 gigs! Holy Pickles! That's like 10 times bigger than my friend's hd (3 gigs lol). Amazing..... I might buy it, 75,000 songs! I might get the 10 gig one though... meh i only got 6 gigs of music anyway...

7,500 songs, you mean? I'm going to get a 30 gig iPod and an iBook by the end of this summer ^_^

BTW.. theres got to be a hack coming out in the future that turns the music store into a web browser..

I bought my iPod last week knowing that the new one was coming out. The reason? Target was selling theirs dirt cheap, and I knew I woudl hate the form factor of the new one (which i do). I also assumed though, that Apple would add ALL the new features to my 10GB, like they did for the 5GB when the calandering came out. This means that my iPod was obsolete quicker. I don't care about Solitare, what I do care about is using features such as the On The Go playlists, Notes, To Do List (listed as a feature on Apple's website), and Rating. Apple updated and gave the other iPods all the new features when mine came out, and I expect the same treatment. Its not unreasonable. Its not like I want my buttons glowing the gay orange that the new ones do.

i just put my 5gb iPod for sale on eBay, hopefully i can still get 200 for it with all this hooplah over the new ones.

(i put it for sale so i could get that 15gb one :) )

I am gay and I like orange :) But I don't like the button to be placed above the wheel. I hope I will understand why that do it when I received me!

i think enough feedback from old iPod owners will get at least some of these features put into newer versions of the iPod software.

Originally posted by GroundZeroX
I bought my iPod last week knowing that the new one was coming out. The reason? Target was selling theirs dirt cheap, and I knew I woudl hate the form factor of the new one (which i do). I also assumed though, that Apple would add ALL the new features to my 10GB, like they did for the 5GB when the calandering came out. This means that my iPod was obsolete quicker. I don't care about Solitare, what I do care about is using features such as the On The Go playlists, Notes, To Do List (listed as a feature on Apple's website), and Rating. Apple updated and gave the other iPods all the new features when mine came out, and I expect the same treatment. Its not unreasonable. Its not like I want my buttons glowing the gay orange that the new ones do.

I all ready sent my feedback in. I personally don't like the new design. I like the fact that its smaller, and the better screen, but I don't like the button layout.

Originally posted by senne
i don't like the software update... Those really new cool features are only for the new iPod (like Alarm, Notes, Solitaire, Brick, ...)

:( i'm disappointed....

The new features are for ALL ipods, but will not be available untill an update sometime in June according to Steve Jobs Keynote speach.

there is hope for us all

Alarm clock is on this update. It's under settings. And there are text2pod apps out there. So other than playlists on the go and an extra game, what's the big boo-hoo about?
The iPod is a great device, no matter which model. And someday, people who bought this latest iPod will be kicking up a fuss because the very latest has things that their's didn't.

alarm clock isn't on this update. There were reminders of the calendar on the previous software (1.2.6?), but no alarm like described on apple.com has been added. But according to several posts on this board, it will be with an update in June. So now i stop whyning about it, cause i'm HAPPY! :D

I stand corrected on the alarm. :eek:

And now, if anyone wants to buy my 10-gig model so I can go to the 30, I'll personally throw in a stash of post-its, a pen with green ink to match the new iTunes logo and an alarm clock (batteries not includede) :D

doesn't anyone think that they'll release the 2.0 software on friday when the new ipods are released? They just did the 1.3 release so we could start using the iTunes Music Store. Has anyone actually heard any facts on the 2.0 software not working on the older ipods? People are just getting carried away here and speculating I think.

Back