New ipod

THEMACER

Registered
Just got the 15gb ipod and i love it. Anyone got any tips for me?thanks guys sorry about the repost just excited

Repost?

Oh, um, sign up for the Apple Music Store if you haven't already.

Yeah cause i know alot of people when they get there ipod start a new thread, dont they? Yup bout an album already. Any other tips? Any accesories i should be looking into to get?thanks

don't get it all scratched, because then it's really hard to get the scratches out. theres a really cool looking case at right here that i think im gonna get for my 15GB when it ships (if it ever does) because it's just so thin and clear! its cool because you can operate all the buttons through the static cling, and you won't scratch the back or the screen very easily.

i think griffin is gonna make a new version of the iTrip pretty soon, and mabye it won't ship until the end of the summer but it's one of the coolest gadgets out there. it even looks good on the iPod! i think that the first accessory i would get is that static wrap and then i would get the iTrip.

oh and i just saw this on griffin's iTrip site:
The new iPods and the iTrip: The currently shipping iTrip supports the original iPod with the Firewire port on top. Information about a new iTrip that supports the just announced iPods will be released shortly.
so there ya go...

Check out iLyric and This ADC Tech Note.
iLyric downloads lyrics for the songs in your iTunes library and has an iPod sync feature. The iPod Note Reader understands some basic html. Using pretty much any text editor you can add a line of html that links to a song (or another note for that matter) on your ipod.
I have mine (3rd Gen 10 GB) set so that when I'm viewing a lyric and I press the Select button in the center of the scroll-pad, the song of the lyric I'm viewing starts playing.

Some accessories:
Griffin's iPod Auto Charger-- Works with all iPods.
This one looks interesting.
Backup Battery Pack?

Still waiting for the new iSkin.

Thanks all. I will def be getting a case within the next week. And since i came from the 1 gen 5gb ipod i hope apple can update all the cool features this one has so that everyone can be happy.

Hey just wondering is the remote suppose to get very smuge looking and dirty? If so, whats the best way to clean it. I see finger prints and stuff and it really looks messed up, but the ipod back doesnt get no where near as messed up.

again i was tempted by a 10gb ipod... someone put a lock on my wallet :eek:

are there any fm transmitters for the new ipod yet?

THEMACER- Not sure. My old remote for my 5 GB got really grungy looking fairly quickly.

Jason- I think I can hear it calling your name. And as far as I know there are none available... yet. I know Griffin is supposed to be revising the iTrip, so I guess we'll see.

arden: I know all about the Classifieds section.
I've been here a few days longer than you ;)

I got a 30gb iPod the day they came out, and tonight I will travel to the Apple Store (1 hour 15 minute drive) for the 3rd TIME to have my iPod replaced. They just keep going dead on me. Apple has been great about replacing them, but really sucks having to keep dealing with this. i have a 20gb iPod too and haven't had 1 problem with it.

My advice ? get the extended warranty!

I actually benefitted from the new ones. I had a 10-gig gen2 model. A girl in my office had bought the 20-gig model the week before the new ones came out, then she decided she wanted a slimmer one. So I was able to buy a month-old 20-gig gen2 model for about half the price of the 30-gig new one, which I thought was a pretty sweet deal.

Back