New iPods: 9/8/03

"10,000 songs in your pocket"...I remember "A thousand songs in your pocket"
When I read that new slogan I just pictured Steve Jobs yelling "Impressed NOW!?!"

Wow. And new iMacs as well. I'm happy :D

Hmm. No one say this comming. Not enough to post anyway.

Now's the time to count pennies.

BTW, is the chip in the new iMacs the new one Motorolla was hyping?

Get the extended warranty with any new iPods! My 2nd Generation (20 Gb) has never had any problems. I have had my 3rd generation iPod replaced 3 TIMES! Apple has made good everytime, but when my 1 year runs out I'm on my own.

I wan't my iPod to die... Mabye Apple would send me a 20GB because it died...
But 40GB is huge man, by the time my iPod actually wares out, I bet there will be 60 or 100GB machines... Wow!

i can easily fill a 40gb hd, although not all with music

reason i want one is to play my 15gb of music and back up my 20 or so gb of photography and digital art :)

Yeah, the iPod is obviously not totally intended as an MP3 Player (which it isn't, you can use it as a Hard Drive). Whoever has over 10,000 songs needs a hobby. But think about this, some people's hard drives arn't even this big! Yeash, I think 40 gigs is pleanty for now. 30 was pretty insane. But in any case, it's still very cool.

Who would have 10 000 songs on his iPod???? You would probably only listen to a fraction of that. If you're buying an iPod to use mostly as an mp3 player and not as an external hard drive 10gb is ample amount of space. 10.000 songs is a over kill in my opinion.

Viktor

People who have 40 gigs *have* a hobby. Music. One of my friends has imported half of his cd collection and had to stop because he filled up the 80 gig hd he bought for it.

Granted he used ~300 kbps, but it's still not that much music.

Back