New iTMS Countries? Add them!

fryke

Staff member
Mod
Yesterday, iTMS was caught in an infinite loop for countries outside the US, England, Germany and France. Today, I can again browse the German store normally. There sure is change to come, but will I really see an iTMS available from Switzerland?

Add your country to this thread, once it comes live. :)

No big deal Fryke, but can I remind those used to calling the UK 'England' that this is offensive to the inhabitants of the other countries of the UK - Scotland Wales and N.Ireland?

I want my ppl in Iran to have iTMS too. TV and radio are controled by the government, so there is no legal way to listen to some good new music but the everydays prayers. How do you guys think the chances are? :)

belgium too. (the text next to the iTunes logo says something about the iTunes Music Store)

Also these countries: Spain, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Sweden, Japan, Italy, Poland, "New Sealand", Denmark, Mexico, Iceland, Austria, Ireland and Canada.

new countries are on and off right now. On the pulldown menu at the bottom I could select Belgium and the Netherlands, now they are gone. The Dutch page is almost completely empty, just some placeholder graphics an the caption "Pan-Euro".

Bingo: from the German store also the rest is accessible. From the US store only UK, DE and FR. The complete list is:
Belgium, Germany,Finland, France, Greece, UK, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, US.

i saw on an italian rumor site italy as an option in itms.

however, i havent tried and will not try. since im somewhere in europe, but have been using iTMS US for ages ... ;)

No Switzerland. Me no happy. Me sad. Although: I'm glad those iPod Photos don't include video options and are more expensive than the other 4G iPods. Else I'd feel bad about having just bought my 40 GB 4G iPod. ;) ... Oh, well... It's still the 'real life' music stores for me, then. :/

I am sorry there is no Switzerland yet. I think it has to due with the EU and Apple's deal with them.

I am glad Canada will suppose to get iTMS by November.

Itunes store in Finland is up :)

This makes sense. I did have a strong feeling that we this time would only see itunes store in the euro countries .

He he sweden you casted the wrong vote.

In Belgium too, and there's no Dutch version of the store... And there have been ZERO download 'till now. :)

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Cool, more Belgian bands (f.e.: Arno, dEUS) in the Belgium Store. But no Soulwax, which is a Belgian band. And yes Soulwax in the US Store... :|

Bleh... I want a "Apple forced me to download music illegally for years!" badge. ;)

Australia has music stores being developed by third parties, it has a huge iPod user base, and almost everyone I know has iTunes installed as their primary music jukebox.

Where's our iTMS?

What about the land down under?

Australia. Largest island continent.

Even though I probably wouldn't use it that much, I just want to be able to check it out.

Back